• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low level exception occurred: Scaling, Lumetri, & RED 5K

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having significant issues with Premiere Pro. I saw someone in another discussion post their question in this format so I'll give it a shot to see if there is enough info here for someone to help me out

PROBLEM

The issues I get are very inconsistent and confusing. And they all usually ramp up drastically whenever I am using Lumetri to grade. To clarify, I have been having these issues across 20 or so different projects over the past 6 months.

I've gotten these issues (in order of most common and frustrating):

-A low level exception occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)

• This happens ALL the time.
  • have to restart premiere thru Task Manager
  • Happens when I'm using LUTS installed into my creative folder, or LUTs that I browse for that stay at the same spot on my computer and don't move.

-A low level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings(AEVideoFilter:29)

• This frequently occurs as well

-Exporting errors that stop an entire export

• I forgot what its called but its something like "A low level exception occurred. Unable to Process Frame. Lumetri error..."
  • I have to restart premiere several times and every now and then I'll get lucky and my project will actually export all the way thru

-A low level exception occurred in: Mask (AEVideoFilter:15)

-Error Compiling Movie: Unknown Error (when rendering)

-Premiere Pro encountered an error: [D:\Haberdasher\releases\2017.08\PremierePro\UIFramework\Src\EditControl

• I've seen this just twice

I don't usually change anything to fix these issues. I just re-start Premiere. But its getting to the point where I have to do this VERY frequently. 6-8 times an hour when I'm grading. Sometimes I can ignore the errors and continue editing but then premiere will just crash anyways. Then I have to close it from Task ManagerScrolling through the Creative luts that i've installed into my system will cause the Lumetri issue after a couple minutes of scrolling.
COMPUTER INFO

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00 GHZ
  • Installed memory: 32.0 GB
  • System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • Motherboard: ASUS Prime 5350-Plus
  • Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 6GB GDDR5

HARD DRIVE INFO

G-Technology G-RAID 16TB, USB 3.0. 7200 RPM drives

PROJECT INFO

• Premiere Version: Premiere Pro CC (2017) 12.0.0
    • updating premiere doesn't fix my issue. I was having same issues on older builds.
  • Footage: R3D, 5120x2160, 23.976fps, REDcode 8:1, to 11:1,  REDLogFilm, About 2.5 TB of footage)

Sony FS700 2K ProRes 422

FAILED FIX ATTEMPTS

• Switched from GPU Mercury playback to CPU
  • Switched RAM from Performance to Memory
  • Updated graphics card driver
  • Uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled
  • Cleared the media cache folders

Could I be having a hardware issue? Why am I constantly unable to edit smoothly? The Lumetri issue is a big deal but the random RED Source Settings errors are super annoying and time-killers as well.

Moderator Note: Customer has AMD processors, which is a common link on the major threads in this post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the "A low level exception occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)" after running the most recent update from 12.0.0 to 12.0.1.  I don't have any details about it, though.  And, it's macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

One of the more interesting crashes left the audio playing in the Timeline while I was able to interact with Premiere, but neither the Program Panel nor Source Panel would refresh.  It's one of the more bizarre crashed I've ever had in PR.  I screen recorded it.  If I can get the client to approve showing the footage, I'll post it at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, wirh Red Footages .r3d files.

Tried to open a project in Premiere pro CC12.1 today, and I have Low level execption warning " too.

Project used to work fine on older vesions....

now it doesn't

Did you find a solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren

Not sure if you have come right with this but I have just fixed this issue for myself.

The cause for me was missing LUTs in my Lumetri>Technical folder. Once I figured this out, I closed Premiere, I copied the LUTs from the Legacy folder to the Technical folder, Reopened Premiere, and I no longer received the error. Could you be missing LUTs from an update?

Hope this helps.

I'm on a Dell XPS 9560.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've copied the LUT's over to both Technical and Creative folders and still get crashes, so the above solution doesn't do it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew Mark Smith,

Sorry about this, but you are not supposed to add LUTs to Premiere Pro this way. In the past, you should have been adding them one by one using the Browse function. However, many people added them wrongly via the app package.

With the current release, to add multiple LUTs to the application, please create folders here and then add LUTs to them.

New features summary for the April 2018 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CarolineBR,

With the current release, to add multiple LUTs to the application, please create folders here and then add LUTs to them.

New features summary for the April 2018 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Help spread the word.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem everyone else seems to be having (error codes: Lumitri Color (AEVideoFilter:13)) and many more similar. So I uninstalled Pr CC and deleted the program folder to get rid of any possible corrupt or misplaced LUT files that may be causing the issue. I reinstalled Pr CC and checked the stock LUTs in my Lumitri window. Only the stock ones were there. So that confirmed I properly uninstalled and reinstalled Pr CC. I then cycled through the stock LUTs for about 8 minutes to see if I could reproduce the crash. It would not crash. so the stock LUT files work with no issues. I then used the directions you linked above to PROPERLY install my third party LUTs in their correct location. I figured maybe I did it wrong a year ago. I then re-opened Pr CC, dropped in a clip, started cycling through some LUTs and BOOM, it crashed. there is no "one" LUT that it crashes on. It's random every time. Has Adobe figured out anything new?

COMPUTER INFO

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight-Core Processor 3.40 GHZ (also overclocked to 3.9) still crashed
  • Installed memory: 64.0 GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB
  • System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • Motherboard: Strix B350-F Gaming
  • Graphics Card: STRIX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

HARD DRIVE INFO

• C: Samsung 256GB 960 Evo SSD (apps located here)
  • Project and media drive: Samsung 1TB 960 Evo M.2 SSD
  • Cache and scratch: SSD

Editing a Canon C200, 4K mp4 23.976fps, Clog, 8 bit file

Moderator Note: Customer has AMD processors, which is a common link on the major threads in this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source of the LUTs might be of interest/use to sort that issue, so that would add to a great post of data you've given.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed the LUTs in the location that is instructed on the Adobe Premiere Pro CC April 2018 (version 12.1.1) release page.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, the LUTs themselves may be the issue. There are some LUT types that don't work within PrPro, and some that are problematic. I know there's several variants. SpeedGrade could export LUTs in something like 7 different formats, something like 3 of which PrPro wouldn't even recognize, and one or two may or may not work. If you did those in a 16 format, they'd work ... 32 was dicey. Choose the 64 option, crash.

But it's been a couple years since I used that very much, and I've forgotten which were not so good.

So ... what's the LUT format and "depth"? How/who made them?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't lie, the 16, 32, and 64 format and depth thing went over my head. But I got the LUTs from a popular Youtuber: Film Riot. Ryan Connolly and his team compiled a bunch of LUTs into a package and sold them on their store. They use Premiere Pro as their main workflow editor, so I can't imagine them creating LUts that wouldn't work with their systems or software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate ... I've got LUTs I've made, and those acquired (though no FilmRiot ones) ... and I can put them in both places listed for PrPro 2018 and have them appear without issues.

I'm thinking that something is still wonky ... perhaps you should uninstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, using that to do BOTH the uninstall of PrPro and the cleanup. Ignore the instructions to uninstall first ... that works maybe 25% of the time, the rest of the time after you've uninstalled it doesn't find anything to cleanup. Wrong.

Then reboot, and reinstall from the CC App.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use or have any RED footage for testing.  The two most prominent ideas I have are Steps 2M and 4A below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips.

Regarding Step 2M:

Wouldn't turning off CUDA drastically slow everything else down?

Regarding 4A:

I have media caches and render files each going to separate internal drives. and original media+exports on the external 16tb drive. I have my project file on the same external drive as the media. Also I'm using a 24" 4k monitor.

The only thing I'm not doing in tip 4A is using only intel/nVidia hardware. You think that could be the culprit? My computer specs listed above.

I really want to find a way to smoothly work on a windows machine before I decide to switch back to Mac, where I never had these issues and not nearly as many issues in general.

I've seen similar problems on my business partner's HP workstation, when I took a project that I graded on my machine and opened it on his. There were similar lumetri issues, but I was using his machine for way less time so I couldn't tell how frequently they would occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off CUDA can slow things down dramatically, but it is occasionally the only thing that helps with these errors.

There's no way to know if the Ryzen is at fault here.  You could switch and still have this problem.  It's general advice I offer because there have been issues in the past when using AMD hardware.  Often, the CPUs don't have the full instruction set that PP is capable of using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the 12.1 update that came out today? I've worked some RED media in it, on my Win10 6-core Intel rig, and it's been a very pleasant experience. Wish all my media was this ... rich.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I tried it and am still getting Low Level Exception: Red Source Settings as an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the issue is reproducible, be sure to report it to Adobe directly.

Premiere Pro: Hot (117 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Had the same problem with R3D files on 12.1, went back to adobe CC 12. 0, works fine now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange ... apparently it works for some of us but not all. I do know of others working in r3d without issue, as I can. So, please do report this!

Are y'all Mac or PC?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MikeK,

Are you still having this trouble? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same exact problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're having the same error messages as the OP with similar media?

Or with Film Riot LUTs?

No way to know from your post. Details not only help, they are often crucial.

And also exactly where the LUTs are stored on your machine is important.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

AMD Ryzen Procs seem to be the culprit here. Trying to verify.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines