Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low-level exception: text error in Premiere

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4).png

So I started getting this error today in my projects and I'm hoping I'm not the only one. I've tried un-installing and re-installing Premiere, installing different versions, uninstalling my fonts, re-syncing, restarting my computer... nothing works. It's so frustrating because I can't add or edit any text now. I've wasted hours trying to fix the problem. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

It says, "A low-level exception occurred in: Text (AEVideoFilter:11)"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Hi.

Try the following, go to Edit> Preferences> Playback and uncheck Enable Mercury Transmit.

If it does not work create a new project and import the project that gives you problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

This solution did not work for me, neither did any of the above suggestions.

What worked for me instead was once the error was displayed:

• Use the pointer tool to select the text box in the preview panel
  • Select the Effects panel
  • Reduce the font-size in the Text > Source Text to about 40
  • Click in the Text area again from the preview panel
  • Enter the text

Hope that helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

someone please help us, i got the same problem like him pleasee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly do not think there is any help. I ended up removing cc2018 and canceling my membership. The  I then removed every instance of it from my registry and re install 2014 and now I'm good again. It sucks because 2014 does not recognize newer files, but luckily  I had a backup copy of the complete edited project prior to me going to 18.  Most of the solutions offered online does not work. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I guess we have tech helpless.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have the same problem... it says: "A low-level exception occurred in: Text (AEVideoFilter:15)"

did anyone find a sulotion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Try the following, go to Edit> Preferences> Playback and uncheck Enable Mercury Transmit.

If it does not work create a new project and import the project that gives you problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me after hours of searching through threads, no responses form Adobe, and generally pulling my hair out! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it was good for you, it's good to know, thank you for commenting.

regards

Juan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it didn't help... and I don't think I understand your second suggestion. Can you explain? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, Adobe absolutely ignoring this massive issue with their own software as usual, no responses by them on any of the threads where this is brought up.  Thank you for the stopgap fix while they hopefully address whatever's actually causing it at some point in the next few decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me either, though I have a slightly different issue....

I'm able to edit older GoPro Hero2, as well as Canon 7Dmkii footage (Mp4) with no Snafu but when I import and try to even move around an MOV file from a cheap Supkiir action cam I bought the program give me that error then often crashes. I've tried changing the extension as "why not" and got nothing.

is it possible that Michael's issue is also related to MOV?

Premiere-Screen-shot-1.png

UPDATE:

I used VLC to convert the files from MOV to MP4 and now appear to have free reign over them with no issues.
I'll go in depth a little more tomorrow when I have some light to shoot some new footage but it looks like, on my end, this worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Combat+By+Design  escribió

This didn't work for me either, though I have a slightly different issue....

I mention a solution for (importer: 39) ", in your case it is 25, and this is not clear to me, and it is for MP4 or MOV.

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

Next, close Premiere and proceed to delete the cache folders; note the link for the instructions:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Start Premiere and re-import the file.

If it works for you, it's better than converting, it gains time and quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Importing the project allowed me to add text again. Maybe I made poor choices upon import, but I lost all of my cuts (the video just imported as a single clip)... so now I can add text, but I've lost all of my snap-to points (cuts) that would make it easy to add the text blocks. So @Adobe... what gives with this error "in Text: AEVideoFilter:15"? I DO NOT want to have import another project! I'm on MacOS10.13.6 using Premier Pro CC 12.1.2 Build 69.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, don`t drag and drop the main sequence in the new project. doubleclick on it instead. this will give you the sequence with all the cuts instead of giving you a single "File"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this it fixed my issue, I still have hair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started for me today, suddenly, out of the blue, on a project that has been fine. The solutions about disabling hardware acceleration and Mercury Transmit didn't work, unfortunately.

I can't see any text now in my project, nor do any work on it.

The error is "A low-level exception occurred in: Text (AEVideoFilter:11)

On to trying the next solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, after a couple of hours trying EVERYTHING with adobe support, I found a solution that worked on my Windows 10 system.

I was getting this error suddenly and inexplicably in all projects, and could not work with any text at all even in new projects.

A low-level exception occurred in: Text (AEVideoFilter:11)

The solution was to delete a third party text I'd installed the day before (Arial Narrow), and REBOOT. Problem solved.

Hope this helps someone...there is another thread about this from 2017, but it's still relevant today. Apparently, some third party texts can cause problems. I have several on my system, but this Arial Narrow is the first one that has been a problem. Luckily I remembered installing it...if it had been a while since I used PP, I'd have no idea which font might be the culprit!

The original thread is here:

A low level exception occured in AE.ADBE Text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks a lot for the fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for delayed response. I appreciate everyone who answered and helped the fellow users. If someone is still facing this issue, please try this.

Inside Premiere pro,

Preferences > Media > Enable accelerated H.264 decoding(requires restart)

Uncheck this option.

Let us know if that works otherwise we'll try something else.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help i tried to use all you say but i cant edit text somedy help me please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution did not work for me, neither did any of the above suggestions.

What worked for me instead was once the error was displayed:

• Use the pointer tool to select the text box in the preview panel
  • Select the Effects panel
  • Reduce the font-size in the Text > Source Text to about 40
  • Click in the Text area again from the preview panel
  • Enter the text

Hope that helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ashley. For some reason this exact method worked when nothing else did. Wierd, but I'm glad you posted those steps here. Back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

love you

I know why, because the original font has been changed in size and becomes too large

Then re-edit the font size to the normal range and it will be displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe this worked. Thank you very much! 

My font size was set to 139 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. I don't know what went wrong, I've been working with text all the time! Now I get why so many people run from Premiere Pro to Filmora or DaVinci Resolve. Hope to find a solution soon, I'm in the middle of a very important project and I can't finish because of this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines