• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri changing LUT for old Premiere files

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with the Lumetri Color panel randomly changing LUTS from old project files.

I've opened a new project file in the latest version of Premiere and imported a bunch of my old projects as I'm putting together my reel. If I go into a sequence where an old project has been imported and click on the adjustment layer that contains the grade it's changed the LUT to a completely different, random LUT. eg. I have a warm filmic LUT applied to a clip and it's randomly now a Black and White LUT etc.

I've tried restarting and reinstalling my LUTS, I see there are others online with the same problem. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there's something going on with older projects in the new version.  If memory serves, you need to remove the Lumetri effect from the clip and reapply it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem - I see this is an old thread but it's happening to me now.

Jim - do you mean I need to re-grade everything? It took days to do in the first place. I've tried deleting the grades and copying and pasting them back on but this hasn't worked.

Cheers

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never encountered the issue myself.  You can try searching through the forums, see what others have said.  But yes, I do believe you need to redo the grade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used LUTs ... where are those stored on the machine? That has changed and can affect this.

Details ... the more the easier it is to offer advice ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

The LUTs are in the right place:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Lumetri\LUTs\Technical

Each time new LUTs are added, old project gets confused and the new LUTs replaces the old ones.

What is the problem?

S. Ivanova

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your LUT's are not in the correct directory:

FAQ: Premiere Pro Lumetri Color Custom LUT directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is! Thanks.

Although it`s a little illogical and inconvenienced,

because have to browse only one LUTs and it is not on the main list.

Regards,

S. Ivanova

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yavorm ...

Once you put ALL your LUTs in the proper places as noted in Ann's post,  and restart Prermiere, the LUTs you've added to the Technical and Creative folders you've created should show up in computer alphanumeric sort order with the included LUTs in th program/package files folder.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn`t change anything.

My install location now is: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical, that I think this time is correct, but I have the same problem -  random LUTs replaces the old ones. The program remember previously set position in this order.

The decision is to rename, in my case BMPCC4K_6K_Natural_Rec709_V3.cube to zBMPCC4K_6K_Natural_Rec709_V3.cube, and that will put it on the last place in  the order, so that does not move the positions of  already set LUTs. 

Оbviously this is the software architecture.

Thank you very much guys.

Silv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Silv ... I can't replicate. I've got a bunch of LUTs here ...

C:Users/Neil/Appdata/Roaming/Adobe/Common/LUTs ... folders inside that folder are:

Creative

Extra (storage for non-current LUTs/Looks)

Presets

Technical

And it works as it is supposed to ... everything in the Creative and Technical folders appears in Premiere, AfterEffects, and MediaEncoder drop-down lists mixed in with the included ones displayed in computer-ese alphanumeric order. Hence I name mine to go to the top of the lists, I rarely use one of the included ones.

Puzzled at why your system is insisting on being cranky. Maybe a trash-preferences is in order ...

Trashing Preferences: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126506

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines