• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri color edits not exporting in Premiere? Most people are having trouble exporting through Media Encoder. For me, I can't get any of the color grades to come through.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an iMac 27in with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6.     4GHz Intel Core i7 with 32 GB of memory.  The Graphics card is an AMD Radeon R9.

Everytime I export an H.264 file maximum render quality and maximum depth, the Lumetri color grades are not seen in the export.  I have all of the latest updates to Premiere.  I know some people were having trouble with Media Encoder not holding on to the color grades (as I am also) but for me, Premiere Pro CC will not even hold the color corrections. Any Ideas?

[First idea is to ask in the correct forum... Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. deselect AME's prefs- import sequences natively,

2. use software renderer,

3. copy all missing luts/looks from premiere lumetri technical folder into AME lumetri technical folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. did not work

3. looked through all adobe folders and there are no "luts/looks" in the premiere, lumetri or AME folders.

I would rather export directly out of Premiere but once again, the Lumetri color correction edits do not show up in the exported video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows, the Program folder for PrPro 2015.3. Lumetri folder under that ... has a LUTs folder with subfolders where the 'built-in' LUT's reside in various sub-folders.

AME has also the similar structure ... Lumetri, with a LUTs folder under it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a Mac.  Even still, there is not a LUTs folder in my program files.  I do have a Lumetri folder but no LUTs folder.  There is no looks or LUTs folder in the Premiere file either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a quick search, found this on the forum ... does this help?

---------------

So, that isn't the styles folder you want. Right-click on the Premiere Pro CC Application file and click "Show Package Contents", then open the Contents folder - scroll down to Looks and open the folder. It'll show you Cine Looks and Film Stock. I've successfully copied other look files from Speedgrade into the Cine Looks folder and they've worked perfectly in Premiere. I have also installed 3rd Party Looks here that work as well (these specifically - https://digitalfilms.wordpress.com/2014/05/24/speedgrade-looks/). If you want to copy the files from Speedgrade, repeat the Show Package Contents but you'll be copying from different folders.

Speedgrade -

In your Applications folder, open the Speedgrade CC Folder and right-click Speedgrade. Click "Show Package Contents" > Open Contents folder > This time, scroll down to "Resources" and then open "Look Examples." It appears that 2 of these folders are already installed in Premiere. Copy from folders, "Filmstock" & "Style" and paste them in the "Cine Looks" folder. When you re-open Premiere, these settings should now be viewable in the Creative panel in Lumetri. Anyone have any other LUT or Looks resources they can share or have come across another thread about Looks for Premiere and Speedgrade?

-------------

Also, later in this long thread, this ...

------------

Per dummergold - these steps easily worked for me to recapture missing LOOKS not carried over from PP 2015.2 to PP 2015.3 but which were found in SpeedGrade.

I'm translating for MAC:

Go to: Applications/Adobe> Adobe SpeedGrade CC 2015> Look Examples> Style

Note: these inner files of applications are hidden by default in a MAC. So to see them you will need to UNHIDE them. You do this by going to

1. Finder > Applications > Utilities>Terminal

2. In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES.

3. Press return.

4. Hold the 'Option/alt' key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch. (don't recall this step mattering but am herein including)

5. To view these files hereafter, you 1) open finder 2)click on the application icon (i.e. Adobe SpeedGrade CC 2015) to highlight it then 3) press down option key at the same time as clicking the "perform tasks key" (looks like a wheel) and select "show package contents" and voila - you will see all files. Now you are ready to perform the steps.

copy LOOKS that are missing from PP 2015.13 (if they are there; mine were) and

paste into Premiere Pro 2015.3 (Finder/Applications/Adobe> Adobe Premiere Pro 2015.3> Lumetri> LUTs> Creative)

Restart PP and you will find those LOOKS now available among other looks just where they should have been all along (PP> Lumetri Color> Creative> Look - drop down menu)

--------------

And this is the link to that rather long thread ...

adding LUT's to Lumetri color?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That quote was actually demi14 replying to Magellan14 but the question was related to juliusk72497978 who was opening LOOK files with notepad and renaming,,,

anyway, demi14 had a PP 2015.2 project with SpeedGrade LOOKs that were removed in PP 2015.3, and in 2015.3 the project could not be completed. The work-around was to complete the 2015.2 project inside 2015.3

The work-around was also 'not recommended' by Adobe staff Kevin Monahan, but worked to have demi14 complete the project.

What version of Premiere Pro does PeachesScott have? That important data is missing from this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#3 by chrisw44157881 works perfectly for me. (3. copy all missing luts/looks from premiere lumetri technical folder into AME lumetri technical folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what about mac users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bit of an older thread.

What version of PrPro are you using, any LUTs used, if so where are they stored, which Mac are you using,  what ICC profile feeds your monitor and is it one you created in calibration with a puck/software system?

What apps are you viewing the export in outside PrPro?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man that's a long thread title.  Wouldn't something like "Lumetri Export Issues" have been better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used this platform to ask questions before but thanks for your advice and sarcasm, it's greatly appreciated... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to be familiar with anything really.  It's really obvious where the title goes and where the question goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe get of their a$% and FIX this problem!!!

Incredibly frustrating to work on a color grade for 2 days only to be told by Premiere "Nope! I'mma grade it the way I want to!"

Adobe Premiere Pro 2017

Looks like people been having problem for at least a year and change: Re: Lumetri Color effect not rendering when sending to AME queue

I called customer service at got ZERO help.

Am I crazy to grade my project and actually want my render file to look like my grade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a disconnect somewhere in the engineer's view of things ... I've talked for-flipping-EVER at NAB about needing to have all LUTs/Looks in a truly common folder used by all the main apps ... PrPro, AfterEffects, the nearly-dead SpeedGrade, and MediaEncoder.

They look at me very puzzled ... and say it seems obvious that you would put any LUTs/Looks you create in folders for each app, why in the world would one need a "common" folder?

Well, as a user ... because they clearly don't "link" any LUT/Look used back to its spot on-disc, do they? It's clearly a relative connection, and totally lost most of the time between apps.

They just continue to look puzzled, and say it's perfectly obvious that one would always copy any LUT/Look you build or acquire to the various locations.

Best practice it seems is to create a sub-folder of the PrPro Lumetri/LUTs/ folder tree, and within that, UNDER the folder for where you "apply" it. For Technical LUTs, that would be under that folder ... Creative, the same. Then copy those sub-folders to the same spot in any other of the apps you use. And as you add them, copy those.

Ridiculous extra work, but ... it does work then.

And file the bug/feature report forms on this silly issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem! I work on Mac and have everything updated. I did some research and it seams that it's not an Adobe issue at all! (at least lets cross our fingers) This article claims it's a Quicktime problem. [ mac - Upon export in Premiere Pro, colors lose saturation when previewing in QuickTime - Video Produ... ]

I opened the video in a different viewing program and, BOOM! Perfect color. I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's some good information in that series, although the last guy ... well, there's a number of colorists I know who work in Resolve as a daily Life thing, who don't have any difficulty getting properly color calibrated/managed work from PrPro, nor do the editors they work with have any issues in getting their exports back into PrPro.

If your settings in Resolve (which does allow a lot of options for color management) don't match the ones used by PrPro, yea, you'll be off, as he notes. But then ... don't use the setup for an editor you work with who uses Avid that matches ... you'll have the same problem.

PrPro is very white-bread Rec709. It assumes that everything you're outputting for will take standard Rec709 as-is.

QuickTime defaults to a different gamma, and tends to assume either 16-235 or 16-255 depending on who's testing it, as far as dynamic range ... unless ... it seems ... there's that little bit of optional info in the file header, that PrPro doesn't put there.

I've seen several demos of putting an output from PrPro through a muxing program just to do a rename, that doesn't re-encode ... and then taking that file and the one from PrPro, playing them in Qt and uploading to YouTube. The from-PrPro files play back both in Qt & YT with the washed-out look of being displayed with a dynamic range as if they were encoded 16-255 and played on a 0-255 setting without correction ... plus, a gamma change. In other words ... the blacks are now set to 16, not 0, and between that and the gamma shift, the image is muddy & low in saturation and contrast.

The files that were handled by the muxing app ... but note, without any change to the clips whatever, they weren't re-encoded ... played perfectly fine in QT & YT.

Now, take both files back into PrPro ... and they were identical. To the eye, and on the scopes.

As I've noted, I've uploaded to YouTube (not a lot, but some) and on my calibrated monitor, they played back as expected. With just straight exports out of PrPro. For some others, they also get expected images in YouTube. For quite a few people, however, the YT playback is that mess described above.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are totally right! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines