Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Premiere 2018 Version 12.0.1 (build 69)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

i7-8700 @ 3.7GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

32GB RAM

I am trying to edit a project made in a previous version of premiere. I've read about the checkerboard here:

Troubleshooting errors related to clips displayed as red and white checkerboard with old projects th...

However, within my project, clips with old Lumetri settings will work, and then suddenly the clip will go black. They will reappear after I remove effects, and then randomly clips later in the timeline that didn't seem to be effected will go black even without doing anything to them. After closing and opening the program, all previously effected clips will all appear in my timeline, but will export as checkerboards. I've cleared the cache, tried removing effects one by one, but I would prefer to not have to recolour the entire project.

CUDA will error on export, Software Only does export, but with checkerboards.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reiterate, clips still seem to be affected even after I remove old effects, and replace with new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ericfrankcinema,

Reinstall Premiere Pro. You may have altered the LUTs folder by adding LUTs incorrectly. Currently, the only way to add LUTs is via the Browse menu, and it's rather clunky. We know about that issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply,

I reinstalled Premiere, but still having the issue. I have not added LUTs into any folder, I have my own LUTs in a separate folder which work perfectly fine in current projects - they're just freaking out in old projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The black frame and red/white checkerboard issues are almost certainly related to LUTs.  I recommend removing and then reapplying all custom LUTs in your project.  You probably don't need to redo all your Lumetri work - just the LUTs. 

To help you verify that it's truly just the LUT that's causing your problems, try these steps below and at each step check whether the clip will display and export.  If you are using Media encoder be sure to try that too.

1. Park on a clip that's giving you trouble
  2. Disable Lumetri
  3. Just disable the Lumetri section where you added the LUT (basic or creative or both)
  4. Remove the LUT by selecting "None" from the drop-down menu
  5. Reapply the LUT using "Browse"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just to endorse this answer, it’s a LUT somewhere even if it appears to be something else. For example, you might find turning off some fx removes the checkerboard. You’ll then be tempted to waste time noting the fx settings (or saving a preset) and re-applying the fx. It won’t help: the problem is a LUT elsewhere in the stack. Re-apply the LUT and it’ll all work again without changing the fx. In my experience this has nothing to do with moving or wrongly installing LUTs: Premiere Pro can screw up applied LUTs when you change various app/project settings, including audio (I’ve had repeatable failures of previously applied LUTs just switching from headphones to speakers and back). The lack of any option to relink all LUTs remains a serious productivity killer addressed in other threads (but not in the app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines