• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M2TS files no longer playing in Premiere projects, nor usable in Encoder

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of M2TS files that I had been editing as recently as 2019 in Adobe Premiere without issue.  I recently went back to this old project and the videos were stuck in "Media Pending".  I started a brand new project and tried to import the M2TS files and Premiere 2024 would hang.  I opened Encoder 2024 and tried to convert one of these M2TS files and Encoder would hang on the "Importing" step.  Unfortunately each of these files is around 3-4GB in size so I'm not sure on how I can submit them for repro.  Please advise.

In case it helps, these files are M2TS Blu-Ray (not commerical media but ScanCafe 8mm film scans) M2TS files.  They are 1440x1080, at 27000kbps and 29.97 frames/second.  The files play well in VLC but Windows 11 Media Player has a hard time playing them (stutters, etc).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the issue. What type of device are these M2TS files stored in? Are they in an external HDD or network drive? If they are saved in a drive other than your primary internal drive, please try importing one sample file to your desktop and let us know if Premiere Pro still hangs. If you are still experiencing the problem, please upload a sample file to any cloud-sharing service like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., and share the link through a private message. Please also let us know your OS details and system specifications. 

Post moved to Discussions for collecting info. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ishan, thank you for reaching out.  This file is on a local hard disk that is permanently affixed within the desktop.  I have sent you a private message with a link to an example of a problematic M2TS file.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try converting them through the free app Handbrake and see if the converted files behave better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does work but it does not allow me to keep my existing projects.  When I replace the files with the transcoded files the clips are no longer aligned properly.  But I can start over with the Handbrake files at least and make progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change m2ts to mts, see if they will work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it did not work, Premiere still hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines