• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Os Sierra & Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone aware of any issues with Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 and Mac Os Sierra?

2015 MacBook Pro 15"

2,5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016
  • OS X 10.12 "Sierra" is now listed as supported in Premiere Pro system requirements.
  • As usual, back up all major files before updating an OS.
  • We recommend that you avoid updating any OS unless you are between major projects.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

I'm gonna call BS on this, Kevin Monahan. You mean to tell us that no one at Adobe was in the Sierra beta program from DAY ONE testing to see what worked and what didn't?

I'm not really aware of how the product is tested, sorry.

If operating system compatibility on the day it is launched is something very important to you, I would suggest you take it up with the product team here. I can echo your concerns, as well.

To leave thousands (millions?) of editors swinging in the wind because WE didn't do a check to see if there are compatibility issues is specious.

Again, give the team that feedback. All I can give you is my opinion as a former pro editor and editing instructor about the when's and why's of updating your OS. Sorry if my advice is sometimes misconstrued as the official Adobe line. I'll try and make that distinction a little more clear cut in the future.

You should be so far out ahead of these problems that we - your customers - should never even have to wonder if there will be issues

A new version of Premiere Pro arrives soon, and it should be ready for OS X Sierra at that time. Sorry again for the frustration.

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I feel it's ok to wait a bit before upgrading To Sierra.

There is nice features with Mac OS Sierra, but there's nothing for me that is going to change my life.

But I'm really looking forward to Premiere Pro new update annonced at IBC. There was already lots of new features in June, but Team Projects is a huge feature that will change the way I'm working. Other features announed are nice as well, like the keyboard mapping new interface...

I imagine Adobe have lots of work to make this new release out, and I'd rather that they focus on this update supposed to be there soon, instead of delaying this big one by releasing a small update that gives just the compatibility with Sierra.

I remember last year, there was a small update for El Capitan, but honestly, I really can wait 1 month for the big release and compatibilty to Sierra at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's as much a question of waiting to install 10.12… Usually it's a safe bet to install on the update after a major OS refresh (i.e.: 10.12.1 etc…). I think the real breakdown is that Adobe is staying quiet to Pro Users that require the software to make a living. The point of the CC was to stay on-top of updates and not worry, but Abode has broken various updates in AE (just as recent as March of this year -- and it was doozy -- After Effects CC 2015 (13.7.1) had the update), which makes some of us very suspicious and wary (read: me and all of my colleagues). I feel the most important thing is that Adobe be as transparent as possible and tell their users what is happening.

A side note: It is very hard to find * anything * on this site. I usually google the query, but I still find it very difficult to find any real answers to issues on the Adobe Support pages. It's usually buried in some obscure part of the community forums, and usually with very little help from actual Adobe support staff (going back to the AE CC 2015 13.7 debacle -- you could not preview renders in realtime -- it took me about a month to figure out it was an error w/ Adobe's update and not with my system. Way to go Adobe).

With all of this said, just communicate to your users about the process. I think you'll find that users will be more at ease when you respect them (because we pay you - and monthly at that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sinse,

With all of this said, just communicate to your users about the process. I think you'll find that users will be more at ease when you respect them (because we pay you - and monthly at that).

I have requested that the product team do just that. I hope that they respond ASAP.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin! Lucky I saw this in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, as I see on your website (Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows) there is already a support for macOS 10.12, does it mean its already safe to install Sierra when Im using Premiere CC 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The management of hardware and software is 100% the responsibility of the individual that owns the computer.  Hopefully you have an IT professional or value added reseller (VAR) that specializes in video editing systems and provides you with personalized support for your specific video editing needs so that you can focus on the craft of video editing; however, most freelancers, pro-sumers and consumers don’t have either. If you fall in this category and you don’t want to (or can’t afford to) hire someone to maintain your workstation(s), you have to get up to speed on a broad range of topics.

Here are a few general things:

• Your video editing workstation is the sum of it’s parts, both hardware and software.
  • Hardware and software vendors cannot possibly anticipate how every possible combination of hardware and software will perform.  At most, they can offer known stable configurations, best practices, and updates as issues become known.
  • Keep meticulous track of the version numbers of everything installed.
  • If you cannot afford any down time whatsoever (who can?), install only software that is necessary for your video editing workflow including 3rd party plug-ins.
  • While it’s fairly common to have one workstation handle your rough cut, graphics, motion graphics, audio mix and online edit, consider configuring separate workstations for these tasks with only the corresponding software installed.
  • Maintain a bootable backup of your boot drive (this is very easy to do under Mac OS X). If or when something unexpected happens after a software update or upgrade, you are one restart away from being back to where you were before the change to your software.
  • Avoid updates and upgrades to hardware and/or software while in the middle of an important project.
  • If it’s an update to Adobe software, Creative Cloud Desktop has the option of not removing the old version of an application, leaving the version of the software that you probably have clear expectations of installed and available for use should there be anything unexpected with the new version.

Any software application installed has the potential to make other software applications do something that’s unexpected.  Decades ago, there was a 3rd party fax extension under Mac OS 8.6 that would cause all source footage in After Effects to show as 0 pixel by 0 pixel.  To this day, it’s one of the crazier issues that I’ve ever had to troubleshoot while maintaining a workstation for a client.  With that fax extension disabled, AE worked as expected. Be mindful of every last bit of software that’s installed at all times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The management of hardware and software is 100% the responsibility of the individual that owns the computer."

Wrong, just sounds like you're passing the buck (so to speak.)

- The editor edits, they don't write or create the software that they use to do their editing.

- Adobe & Apple need to have better communication and in this case Adobe needs to do a better job.

- It is Adobe's responsibility to be in on the ground floor regarding new OS and test, test and then test some more. The idea being that, when the new OS is released, the Adobe software (that Adobe collects a lot of money for) works properly with the new OS.

- We have to pay Adobe whether their software works properly or not. If the system was such that Adobe wouldn't collect money from us if their software doesn't work with the new OS, then some of what you were saying would make sense.

- We're professional editors, we have work to do and don't have time for this nonsense.

- Adobe is a software creator and they have work to do too.

So let's stop making excuses, let's stop blaming the editors (who don't make the software) and let's get this taken care of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark:

Well, hopefully no one's computer runs perfectly.  I mean, I'd be out of the very specialized freelance support that I do for configuring and maintaining video editing workstations (which is a very nice supplement to my freelance graphic design, video editing and motion graphics).

I totally get that you want a stable workstation.  It's just not nearly as simple as getting Adobe to talk to Apple or Apple to talk to Adobe. 

What I hear you saying is that if Adobe offered a more complete solution for as part of the Creative Cloud, so for maybe $129/month you received both software and hardware and personalized technical support, that you'd be up for it.  (Of course, I would imagine that the pricing would be higher than that.) That could be a good feature request.  Or maybe a strong idea for someone to jump on, calling it "Creative Cloud Plus" or something.  Hmm.... Then again, it does exist through Value Added Resellers - just at a fairly high price point.

Is there a video post production facility that doesn't have dedicated IT staff to keep the workstations up and running so that the editors can focus on the craft of editing?  I'm not sure that there is.

In the meantime, I highly recommend the following two blogs by Kevin Monahan:

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been facing the same crashes since I upgraded to OSX Sierra.

The CPU and RAM usage are very high, though I have no third party plugins or any program running that might affect Premiere's performance.

Premiere-CPU.jpg

Premiere-RAM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jean-Boutros and Mark-MVS,

Sorry for your issues!

Jean-Boutros, did you experience the memory leak issue on OS X 10.11 too, or is this new with macOS 10.12?

We're aware about this memory leaking issue and it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restored my mac back to OS X 10.11 and I've been facing the same problem occasionally. Less frequent than Sierra, however is still occurs. Usually it occurs as soon as I open a project and the project starts loading the files. If my bin is in thumbnail view, only few thumbnails are loaded and the rest remain grey. When I try to play any of them, I get the media pending image until Premiere becomes completely unresponsive and I have to force quit it.

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually it occurs as soon as I open a project and the project starts loading the files.

Yes, that's an indication of the recently evolved memory management issue. It will be fixed in the upcoming release. For now, a workaround is to downgrade to Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 (10.3).

Again, my apologies for the issue!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I phrase a problem this way?

I run Adobe Prem via a subscription to CC.

I am about to replace an ageing MAC Pro (circa 2010) with a new Mac Pro.

What do I replace it with? Or to put it another way, what do I tell the MAC store I want. Is there a KNOWN 100% combination that is guaranteed ("qualified" using AVID terminology) to work and be reliable? The machine will be ONLY used for editing.

Which OS version?

Which CC Prem version?

Which Capture Card? (eg Black Magic UltraStudio Express?)

Please don't direct me to the Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows page. It seems to contradict this thread.

Many thanks in advance for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The four core Mac Pro seems to be the sweet spot for video editing.

I'm running a few 2013 Mac Pro configurations with pretty good results:

Configuration 1 (one workstation):

Mac OS X 10.9.5

Premiere Pro CC 2015 9.2.0

Media Encoder CC 2016 9.2.0.26

BlackMagic Studio Express

Configuration 2 (three workstations):

Mac OS X 10.11.3

Premiere Pro CC 2015 9.2.0

Premiere Pro CC 2015 10.4.0

Media Encoder CC 2015 9.2.0.26

Media Encoder CC 2015 10.4.0.26

(Yes, the systems have the most recent versions as well as the earlier versions of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.)

BlackMagic UltraStudio 4K Extreme

In addition to what's listed, these machines have the other video related CC applications (After Effects, Audition, Bridge, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Prelude).

I don't have the version of BlackMagic Media Express that's installed handy, but it's the most recent.

There are some known issues when "Video Rendering and Playback" is set to GPU acceleration for some export formats and some effects.  When this rears it's ugly head, "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" is used.

I also maintain several iMacs, a few 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina laptops and some 13-inch and 11-inch MacBook Airs.  Something unexpected pops up on just about each machine, but nothing that's a show stopper.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had read this post before installing Sierra. Sigh. Files that rendered fine are now returning errors. The files are completely and utterly destroyed. Every transition has stopped working. And timecode adjustments cause errors. I am screwed! I can't preview. Nada!

ADOBE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same problem. I´m also having the same problems and I wasn't aware of this constant amount of crashes.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, i echo all the above concerns.

The other problem is, you can't just roll back your  entire operating system for ADOBE, because other apps that have actually updated their software won't work with older versions of OS. Adobe, you really need to get on this, because I'm mid 3 projects and can't get anything to run, on deadlines, this is not very 'Pro' at all...And doesn't Premiere mean to come out before anyone else? Not so Premiere or Pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all of a sudden experiencing similar issues. Premiere Pro's latest version isn't working with OS X Sierra. I can't play back any footage in my timeline, it just lags and stutters around. I'm working on a Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

I updated to Sierra late last week. Edited just fine through the weekend but this week starting on a new project it won't let me work smoothly anymore. A 30 min video takes usually about 6 min to render and it started at 8 hours today.

RameezKahn mentioned in an earlier post of an evolved issue of memory loss. That kind of describes my issues.

How could I downgrade my Premiere Pro to an earlier version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I downloaded Sierra too. I'm contemplating going back to the last os but if I do I'm going to use a lot of data. Is there any indication as to when this problem will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rowan:

Do you have a bootable backup of your boot drive?  If so, you can preserve where you are now when you roll back the OS.  Also, with a bootable backup, you can back out of updates to the OS that don't go as expected as easily as restarting your computer and holding down the Option key to pick your Startup Volume.

A re-install of OS X should preserve your User folder (even if it's an older OS version), but you'd want to have a backup regardless.  If you're Mac isn't too old, you can do an Internet Recovery to install the OS that came with the computer (hold down Command+Option+R).

Of course, depending on how severe your issues are, you may want to go with a clean install.  If you do that, you can use Migration Assistant to restore your User folder(s); however, sometimes it's better to go with both a clean OS and clean user accounts.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• OS X 10.12 "Sierra" is now listed as supported in Premiere Pro system requirements.
  • As usual, back up all major files before updating an OS.
  • We recommend that you avoid updating any OS unless you are between major projects.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It don't work dude... Screenshot 2016-10-26 15.08.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines