• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC Studio problem

Participant ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have use MAC Studio with M1 MAX processor with Premiere Pro and have various problem.

I am freelancer and my project is simple. I work on 1 hour multicam sequence with four cameras with XDCAM 4:2:2 codec, and cut to 45 minutes for television. Source is on NAS connected with 10 Gb BASE-T connection.

I use Premiere pro 2022 and 2021 with latest version (2022 - V22.4 and 2021 - V15.4.5) on the same machine and compare them.

Problems with 2022 - version 22.4:

- Problem 1: When i want to use scene cut detection it takes 40 minutes to detect cuts, compare to 8 minutes in version 2021

- Problem 2: I export in two formats H264 for previews and XDCAM 4:2:2 codec( the same codec from the sourse material) No matter wich format i use the Premiere pro 2022 behavior is strange. Premiere pro 2022 render part of video then pause and idling, after some time it continues. Premiere pro act like computer is reach some limits and wait to pass.

The same project on the same machine with version 2021 is NOT behave like that. It render without pausing. Result is, it take almost twice the time to render compare to v2021

- Problem 3: When i move frame by frame backward on program monitor i see video jump on some strange frame of video for part of second and after this show actual frame. This is frustrating because i can't compare two frames and choouse wich one is better for thumbnail.

- Problem 4: Version 2022 feel slugish on play compare to same project in version 2021, not to mention bad design of "export window", i see so many people complain about that.

Premiere pro 2021 - version 15.4.5 problem:

The only problem, but it is BIG one:

- Many times when I time strecth difrent part ot multicam sequense and export them, on exported material there is diffrent kind of artifacts. This happend no matter what kind export I use( H264 or XDCAM)

Sometimes this happend with clips too(not only with nested multicam sequence).

This is very frustrating, because in program monitor I don't see this, only on export material. And with limited time and production with big material, I don't have time to watch all export material, I want them to be exported on the way i see on my Program and Control monitor.

So now in conclusion:

I'm very unhappy  with Premiere pro on MAC! I feel like i'm beta tester.

It pass 2 years from apple release M1 processor and there is still big problems  with Premiere pro.

When I want to work faster I use Premiere 2021, when it is time to export I jump to version 2022 to be sure my export is correctly exported ....but slow. If television want some corection, I must jump back to version 2021, make correction and jump back on version 2022. Like I said it is very frustrating  and this is wasting my time.

I know I must use user voice, but I'm sure here in forum much more people will read this, and share opinions, and this will push Premiere to release much better product.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stefan P,

My apologies for the poor experience. Are you experiencing this issue with all file types or only on XDCAM 4:2:2 footages? Is the media 10 bit or 8 bit? Do you share the same problem when you move the footage to internal storage? Would you be able to send a copy of your source file to us for testing purposes? For problem 3, could you share a screen recording to better understand the issue? Is the problem exclusive to Multicam sequences, or do you experience the same issue in regular sequences? The problem you mentioned about the export artifacts has been fixed on the latest version of Premiere Pro. If you don’t want to export on the newer version, try switching off Software Encoding in your export settings to see if that works.

Regards,
Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ishan Y.

I will send you private message with project and short media with this codec.

Codec is standart 8 bit HDCAM HD422 50Mb/s, 25fps PAL format.

For problem 1 and 2.

I make screen rocording video compare 2021 and 2022 export, showing on render pause and idling.

In Premiere 2021 Export take - 5 minutes and in Premiere 2022 - 18 minutes, and this is export from Full HD to 360p. When I export in 1080p the diffrence is bigger, because Premiere reach some kind limit more frequently.

For problem 3, this youtube will show the problem. I will sent to you too.

https://youtu.be/Wg9hLapjcU0

For Premiere pro 2021 and diffrent kind of artifacts in time stretch export, it doesn't metter if it is clip or nested sequence.

https://youtu.be/6iqZoPVXd2g

https://youtu.be/UdWrdn1ZEXs

https://youtu.be/by-tvXTsouc

https://youtu.be/4Nom_6S5XlE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Problem 1 and Problem 2: Could you please make a new project file and see if you are experiencing the same issue. For testing purposes, could you try exporting from Premiere Pro on both versions instead of using AME for 15.4 and native exporter for 22.4?

Problem 3: We were able to reproduce the frame skipping issue on our end. A similar problem was fixed on the current beta (22.5). You can install Premiere Beta by opening the Creative Cloud App > Beta Apps > Premiere Pro (Beta). Your current copy of Premiere won’t be overwritten by installing the beta. Please let us know if you still see the issue.

The issue you mentioned in 15.4.5 about the artifacts on export was fixed on the newer versions of Premiere. Please try running Premiere in Rosetta mode if you do not wish to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for your suggestion. I make new clean project, which is 78 min long  with 4 cameras multicam with XDCAM 1920x1080-25i codec and projects is set the same.

In Premiere pro 2021:

Scene detect takes 6 min

Export in 360p takes 3min and 05sec

---------------------------------

Premiere pro with Roseta
Scene detect - 13 min and 20sec
Convert to 360p  - 4min and 40sec

---------------------------------

Premiere 2022
Scene detect - 24 min
Convert to 360p 8 min.

I hope this will help to locate and solve the problem with newer version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 4 months later sluggish scene detection and export to mp4 didnt solved.

I tested again with simple project 70 min long  with 4 cameras multicam with XDCAM 1920x1080-25i codec and projects is set the same.

70 mini scene detection:
v21(15.4.5) = 4min 32s
v22(22.6.2) = 18min 11s
Beta(23.1.0) = 19min 36s

What is going on with Premiere Pro optimisation?

Another test with the same kind of project, just sequence with multicam is transformed and croped and put some background.

48 minutes project export to mp4 in different version of Premiere pro and result is:
v21(15.4.5) = 4min 00s
v22(22.6.2) = 20min 24s
Beta(23.1.0) = 20min 49s

Again....4 months later, nothing is changed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing on the mac studio ultra is just a nightmare at the moment. Performance on my macbook m1 max 14 inch is butter smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, 6 months later and almost 1 year from my first post problem 1,2 and 4 didn't fix!
Again my project is very simple: 48 minutes with Multicam and half of this is Picture in Picture.
I attached screenshot for comparison. Same project in v15.4.5 and latest v23.3
Export 48 minutes project to mp4:
v21(15.4.5) = 3min 46s
v23.3 = 19min 12s

Export 48 minutes project to XDCAM (same codec with the Multicam and camera source):
v21(15.4.5) = 7min 21s
v23.3 = 17min 145s

I try all iteration of version 22 and now 23, Evan beta software...and all of them are slow and each have flaws.
I want stable and fast software to work. Just make a fix for export problem in older 15.4.5 version and release it for people who don't want new, but slow "fancy" stuff with other bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate