Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook pro 15" 2015 - AMD Radeon R9 M370X

New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I ordered a 15" Macbook pro (Nvidia GT750M) a month ago and just received the delivery confirmation of a new model with an AMD Radeon R9 GPU instead of the Nvidia.

• 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
  • Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
  • 16GB 1600MHz memory
  • 512GB PCIe-based flash storage1
  • Intel Iris Pro Graphics
  • AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB GDDR5 memory

I'm a filmmaker and mainly use Premiere Pro (85%) ,After Effects (15%), edit UHD footage on long timelines.

I'm about to cancel my order and can't find any advice/feedback about that new AMD GPU With Premiere Pro.

If anyone knows something, I'll be very grateful to hear from him/her.

Thanks

Jean-Michel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might be too new to get info about the R9 M370X, but found these:

Thoughts on AMD Radeon R9 M370X over the Nvidia 750m? - MacRumors Forums

2015 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro’s dGPU (R9 M370X) Is Cape Verde

as far as performance, anandtech's website says its based off the R9 M270X, which benchmarked slightly faster than the nvidia gt 750m. the nvidia gt 750m is based off nvidia's older generation chips and makes sense its going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Ronin,

Once again it's a nightmare to figure out how a new GPU will work or not with a specific application. Apple's politic is to do everything for Final Cut X and that's it.

About Adobe Premiere Pro, I think as long as you can't try to open a real project (like 90 minutes film), we won't know if their new configuration will be fine or not.

After 22 years on Apple computers I really think I'll move to PC workstations.

I wish you a very good day!

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm with the same trouble, because i work with Premiere Pro mainly and it's very important that the GPU works ok. Did you found more info? Thanks and have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I just saw your post. I have just got the latest Macbook Pro 2015 and I upgraded from the late model 2013 and it's much quicker response and render time. Even just scrubbing through the timeline, I can notice a difference. Have you gone to PC yet? I have had an absolute nightmare with PC work stations. I'm not a tech guy, I just know how to edit and I spent a lot of money and time trying to figure out all the issues PCs were giving me. Since moving to Mac, things have been smooth sailing. Everyone has a different experience, but I had many bad ones with different PC work stations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Macbook pro 15" 2015 - AMD Radeon R9 M370X will have an advantage over the last model in every aspect including the GPU which apple claim only 80% performance boost.

Don't forget performance made out of lots of moving parts GPU, 2GB GDDR5 memory, SSD speed (2.5 time faster- BIG ONE), RAM speed, OS etc. also some application are not so efficient in utilizing the available resources, for example Final cut pro X will take full advantage of this hardware, also Adobe are very good in keeping up with Open CL performance for the last few years.

I think you should cancel your order

The link below will convince you

http://barefeats.com/rmbp15.html

I hope this help (I ordered one)

All the Best,

Yishai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You order one? Did you proved it with premiere? In the link they only test with Photoshop but no with premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked in Premiere with it, it handles very nicely, no compatibility issues so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big problem with the Macbook Pro with the AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB and Adobe Premiere Pro CC

The CPU fan from the macbook is going crazy when I press play. I need a headphone to edit!

From Adobe I received yesterday an email that the issue has been resolved but I don't see any update  in Adobe Cloud.

Has anyone the same problem and a solution to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just paid for the creative cloud and Premiere Pro CC won't work on my MacBook pro cant find any help on how to make it work or update my video display drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats happening? Please explain? Is Premiere starting up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no its not starting up I click on the icon and it says update my video display drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines