core: 2.7 GHz i7

Links to error material:

Dropbox - Adobe lol

Program: Premiere pro CC, latest update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Hey guys, 10.12.3 just dropped and I think you might want to take a look...

- Resolves graphics issues while encoding Adobe Premiere Pro projects on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (13- and 15-inch, October 2016).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Forum Lounge over to the Premiere Pro forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas Smith Muller,

1. Is this happening with just with Premiere Pro or with any other video application?

2. Is this happening only after the update of Premiere Pro to latest version?

3. Is it possible to install previous version of Premiere Pro & test?.

FAQ: How do I reinstall a previous version of Premiere Pro

4. Is it possible to update the operating system to latest version & test?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1: I have only found this bug using Premiere pro CC (Not using final cut pro X)

2: I did not use any past versions of the premiere pro CC software, so that I can not answer.

3: Yes, I can test it. I will get back to you.

4: I have just got the OS Sierra update, so I will try that too, and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, just updated to 10.12.2 and it still crashes..... Just lost 1 hour of work.... Will you provide any loss of revenue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing just the same, with the exact same computer.

Apple said they couldn't do anything.

When I called Adobe they told me it was a graphic card issue with Premiere CC: using the OPEN CL engine. The Adobe service guy had me reset my preferences and then change the VIDEO AND RENDERING PLAYBACK (File>Project Settngs >General) to MERCURY PLAYBACK SOFTWARE ONLY. Adobe told me it was because the graphic card (RADEON 455 in my case) is not officially supported by the software (see the official list here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html ) The weird colour bugs are now gone... but I still get some major crashes, especially during exporting (I found the MORPH CUT transition to be a major issue). But obviously it still sucks as Premiere is now as slow as my 2010 iMac. I hope some update come to fix all this up!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! You have partially incorrect information, as well as outdated.

So for a Mac OS 10.12 / 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 Change Render Engine to Metal;Click the little wrench button Scroll down and select "High Quality Playback"

And all will be pretty good.

Mac OS 10.12.3 (16D32) - Open CL Render Engine 100% work - absolutely perfect.

Metal Render Engine work to but 98% - after rendering in program monitor 8k footage have specific jello effect.

Metal fastest than Open CL, but Open CL stable.

For a timeline export via Metal doesn't have any issues, and have performance in render minutes!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised to hear anyone ever say that they just lost one hour of work - why don't you enable your auto-save? That way you'll only ever lose 5-10mins of work

Don't get me wrong, the software shouldn't crash, but given that it does, auto-save seems like a no-brainer.

-jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constantly save as you're working, you'll only lose the last couple of seconds, maybe last few minutes at most if you keep hitting Command S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues with my new MacBook Pro 2016 - running the latest version of CC.

CPU: 2.9 i7

GPU: Radeon Pro 460

16GB Ram

2TB SSD

In addition to these crashes -  I get flickered video when i export a timeline in media Encoder. The issue is isolated to JUST this machine. I have exported the same timeline on a different Mac and PC with no flicker/dropped frame issues.

I have experimented with multiple renderers (OPEN CL as well as METAL) on the MacBook Pro. Both experience this issue when exporting the video.  Here is a video of my MacBook Crashing in Premiere.

https://youtu.be/HBDyhMWsjqs

I also tested with FCPX with no issues during playback or export whatsoever. Last night I updated to the latest Beta of OS X with no success on the MacBook. Flicker is still there on export.

It seems like this is a video card compatibility issue with Adobe and the new MacBooks.

To recap I am experiencing 2 major issues with the new MacBook Pro:

1. Video tearing and crashing as is shows in the link
  2. Flickering video and black frames when exporting timelines in Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to say it, but I am having an almost identical issue. Multiple total system freezes while using Premiere and/or Media Encoder. Not constant, but it's happened 5-6 times now in a couple weeks with moderate usage of PPro. Screen usually flashes red when it locks up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm on MacOS 10.12.2 and Premiere 11.0.1... and I have the new 2016 MBP in case that wasnt obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issues!!!

Have yku you found a fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! You'll need: Update MacBook Pro to Mac OS 10.12.3 or late Update Premiere Pro to CC 2017 latest one And use render engine Open CL or if u want Metal. You can also use Software engine to but its slow. No crashes or Glitches at all.... Open CL/Metal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Bought a new MacBook Pro 2016, the colorful screen glitch mostly red before crash. I even replace the laptop thinking it was computer hardware, now new fresh laptop does the same.

Got a 15" touch bar, 16gb ram.

I was suggested by adobe to only use software render to fix issue until they figure out the problem. it will be slow as hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - Im having a hard time seeing if this has been acknowledged by Adobe anywhere.  Been thread digging for a few days with no luck. You out there Adobe? We need you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish I knew if this is a Os Sierra related, Hardware, or adobe software? it's very unclear. apple costumer support was worst.

at least adobe support was very nice and help me a lot more. I do wish I solution is coming soon.

the solution to software only render is not really an option for more than a couple of days max.

Please, explain so we can solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling this is a software issue. So far, since getting my new MBP, I've had it lock up with the "red screen of death" 7 times.... 6 of which while using Premiere Pro. Zero while using FCPX. Seems statistically significant. Im going to the Genius Bar to try and get them to do a stress test on my GPU. Will try and remember to report back here afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agreed and same results on my side. Zero issues with FCPx. Apple Genius bar told me after running full diagnostics that this is a waiting game for Adobe to update the GPU compatibility in Premiere. I was skeptical at first but after hearing multiple reports of people sending their MacBooks back for a new unit then experiencing the EXACT same issue with brand new units in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a dozen of errors with Premiere and media encoder on my 2.9 460 MBP. From crashes, to export errors, to playback glitches, to flashing screens during encode. I really hope that Apple and Adobe work fast together to fix this.  I really don't want to edit on FCPX, nor do I want to move to PC, but if push comes to shove, I'll get an MSI laptop. I wish these companies would bury the hatchet and fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same for me on MBP received 2 days ago.

CPU: 2.9 i7

GPU: Radeon Pro 460

16GB Ram

2TB SSD

All software and OS up to date. This was a clean install too not a TimeMachine transfer as I wanted a clean start.

Crashing in Premiere is regular. I get the flashing screen, lockout and predominantly red freak out. Have to hard reset each time. I can repeat the problem over and over by just working in Premiere CC but hours of use with anything else is fine. Software only rendering eliminates the problem but I might as well go back to my 2013 MBP if that's the case!

Genius Bar booking for 28th Dec. but I suspect like all others they will not have a solution at the Apple end

This issue is major for PP professionals on this machine. Hope you Adobe chaps find a solution soon. Threatening to go over to Final Cut Pro would be childish as I'm sure you're working on this but in order to get work done it might be my only solution on this machine.

Question: I haven't seen a post here or anywhere else from folk running the Pro 460 who hasn't had this problem. Anyone out there? If there's anyone running Pro 460 GFX with Premiere Pro CC who is NOT having GFX crashes, please reply here so we can all gauge the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to the Genius Bar. They did a stress test on the GPU and it passed with flying colors. The guy said there's been no official word from Apple on the issue and he said he's heard via word of mouth about the problem but mine was the first he'd looked at in person. He actually gave me the option of having it shipped to one of their service centers but I said no. Truth is, I am also starting to believe this may not be a hardware issue and may be tied directly to Premiere as 6 out of 7 crashes I've had have been while using Premiere/Media Encoder. And zero while using FCPX (I use both regularly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem with the last Macbook Pro 2016 RADEON 450....... PREMIERE makes my computer crash, using all the RAM memory and lagging too... Impossible to use premiere CC 2017...

Please... Where does the problem come from ?

Any news ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled filevault a few days ago. Been using the laptop for non-work related stuff with no issue. As I'm heading to the Genius Bar today in Manchester to get this looked at, I thought I'd run a test. Created a fresh Premiere Project, imported some 4K footage, no proxies, hit play on the timeline and bam! Pink and red screen of death. So disabling filevault didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received my new MacBook Pro 15' with Radeon 460 a week ago. Installed nothing except for Adobe CC to keep the system as clean as possible for video editing which is my professional business. Whilst my first edit Adobe Premiere CC 2017 crashed 4 times with the graphic glitch error. Mostly suddenly whilst encoding but also whilst editing a graphic glitch happens which leaves the screen in a huge green pattern and then the Mac crashes completely. Ive turned off File Vault, turned off Automatic Graphic Switching. Both Mac OS Sierra and CC are on their latest versions (OS Sierra 12.12.2 and Premiere CC 2017 at  11.0.1 (Built 6). But now for the worst part: Ive contacted Adobe Support via chat today to report the problem. Their answer seriously was: "We have not heard about this and I can't find anything about it in our system" .... I then asked the support guy to google "MacBook Pro 2016 Adobe Premiere Pro graphic issues" since there are just about a couple of hundred entries about the issue since the Macbook came out . Isn't it great to find out that they suggest  that they haven't even heard about it yet ?!!!  Are they playing dumb or what kind of company is this that doesn't even notice a problem that is commonly known since weeks now ? Of course the whole graphic glitch and crash issue isn't a new thing for Mac users with Adobe software. Theres a very long forum thread on all the things that happened with CUDA on the past MacBooks which are still not really sorted out 100%. It looks like this new issue could develop the same way. At least lets make sure that everyone here at least contacts Adobe support about this since they don't even read their forum postings on this let alone all the reports on Mac sites throughout these past few weeks. Shame on you Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines