• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro i7 2016 512 SSD with Radeon Pro 455 suffering from flickering export

Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro i7 512 SSD with Radeon Pro 455

Export from Premiere Pro 2015.3 and 2017 results in flickering videos !

Any solutions ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Hey all,

Andrew_S​

I found the solution to this issue and noted it to both Apple and Adobe as

a bug report, so here is the solution :

I'm running Premiere Pro on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 ... tested both premiere 2015.3 and 2017.

I have the Radeon Pro 455, and the project I created has multiple layers nested in sequences,

as well as titles also nested in sequences, to be able to apply advanced keyframe animations,

and so, I had an effect called "transform" applied to those layers to have more controls over

po

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Premiere Pro Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Macs, video drivers are always provided through macOS and its updater, which doesn't provide for rolling back. The only way to do so is to manually go back to a previous OS version from a personal backup.

The MacBook Pro with the Radeon 455 is the 2016 model, so if this problem isn't happening to a large number of MacBook Pros with the same software update, the problem probably isn't with the current version of the OS and graphics driver. Probably better to work it out through normal troubleshooting (trying a different GPU acceleration option or Software Only, trying different render settings…).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad ! I tried all possibilities, switched renderer, queued on media encoder 2017, changed to different render formats and settings, played around a lot with all what comes to your head... it seems like a miscommunication between Adobe Premiere Pro and Radeon Pro 455 on Mac. I updated to latest Mac Sierra 10.12.5 ... same project renders normally on windows. I even created a very simple project with 2 still images scaling then dissolving to each other, there was flickering on the dissolve. during normal playback on the timeline before render, it plays back normally without flickering but when it reaches the cross dissolve transition it becomes slower with a stop-motion like playback, then when it passes the dissolve it plays back normally on the second still image.

I contacted Apple support, they are blaming it on Adobe ! as usual ... unfortunately ! and something I really did not expect from such a huge company as Apple.. noting that this issues occured earlier this winter until they were finally convinced that the Sierra update to version 10.12.3 solved the issue... so now with this new update it seems they forgot to include the latest fixes they did. Dunno, maybe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling GPU acceleration, (using software only) exporting the project and then looking for this flickering? That will test everything except the graphics chipset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob, you cannot do that on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct.  I was thinking with tunnel vision: Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, yes I tried this ... no good results

Hope that someone from Adobe will give some attention here, is there any bug between Adobe renderers and Macbook

Pro's Radeon Pro 455 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the next question is to post a screen shot of your sequence settings and a screen shot of your export settings, concentrating on the video tab part of the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

I have tested so many sequence and export settings with the same results... I tried rendering and exporting the same project on after effects and all is perfect... I guess this might be a driver update issue from Apple side for their Radeon Pro 455 ? I am personally 100% convinced that this is the case.. I even tried on latest premiere 2017 .2 with same results... tried switching renderers and software only is really bad. it is something not reading premiere exports and this something is the Radeon Pro 455

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey all,

Andrew_S​

I found the solution to this issue and noted it to both Apple and Adobe as

a bug report, so here is the solution :

I'm running Premiere Pro on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 ... tested both premiere 2015.3 and 2017.

I have the Radeon Pro 455, and the project I created has multiple layers nested in sequences,

as well as titles also nested in sequences, to be able to apply advanced keyframe animations,

and so, I had an effect called "transform" applied to those layers to have more controls over

position properties (Motion properties are not enough alone), and so, I noticed that when

shutting off the transform on those nested sequences my renders are no more flickering.

so I started testing the transform properties until I found out that "use composition's shutter angle"

was causing the flickering renders and exports, when turned off, i still had my transform keyframes

and everything works normal for now ! It was really a great relief, but I guess that Adobe, Apple and

AMD will have to work together to fix this bug as the Radeon Pro 455 is not capable of analysing

and understanding the composition shutter angle, while Nvidias running on windows did the same

exports and renders with "use composition's shutter angle" turned on.

I hope that many suffering from the same issues will now have a solution

thanks and regards to everyone !

Carlos Ziadeh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines