Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a cut on all markers at the same time

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Community,

I'm searching for a shortcut or a "script action" to have the ability to make a "cut through everything" at every marker I've already set simultaneously.

That would save so much time. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Untitled.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short update... 

I created a keyboard shortcut in premiere for "go to next marker" on my "H"-key, wich basically moves the playhead to the next marker when I press "H" on my keyboard. Then I created a shortcut for "Add edit to all Tracks" to my "G"-key wich adds a cut through the whole timeline, exept for tracks that are locked.
Now I can press alternately H and G on my keyboard and cut everything in just seconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Yes this does work. However, if you make a range for a marker and you want to make cuts on the ins and out markers, this doesn't work. For some reason, adobe took out the "go to next marker" function to also go to the "out-marker". It only goes to the "in-marker". My only solution right now is to go with the above method, and then go back to make cuts one-by-one. 

To make it easier, I make the shortcut key Shift+G as a "add edit" so that I can hold down shift while draggin my slider to the next out point that it magetically aligns with. Very tedious second half. There really should be a script for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Strong Asian Lead,

Sorry about the frustration. Could you get your suggestions in front of our devs here? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro Thanks! That would be so helpful. 

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do the same With Some different tricks (With Default Shortcuts)...

As I do...

Ctrl + Shift + M  (Go To Previous Marker)

Ctrl + Shift + K  (Add Edit To All)

After Adding all markers, place the Playhead on The last marker, Holding Down Shift + Ctrl  And Start Pressing K and M alternately... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged in just to say "thank you". I appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just created this account to say THANK YOU.

I was editing a 6-minute long music video and I had made all the markers on the beat by using beatedit extension. Cutting on each clip would have taken me ages. Thank you, and God Bless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked this question for million years, I hope they would do an update for this. I can't beleive they didn't do this for years 😞 By the way thanks for your shortcuts trcik anyway 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines