• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Markers API broken in CC2018

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both clip and sequence markers are not being added correctly.

marker.end

marker.comments

marker.name

are all broken and data is not shown in the UI... Looking on the bright side, at least the marker start time is working 🙂

So what happened?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

We can provide no specific timeline information, for this or any fixes.

There is no bug tracker link to watch.

We understand this is a critical feature, and have prioritized a fix accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce Bullis​ this can be replicated with the PProPanel sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug; we're investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on the timeline for this fix? I've got a project using the markers extensively and it's halting development. Is there a bug tracker link I can follow/watch? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can provide no specific timeline information, for this or any fixes.

There is no bug tracker link to watch.

We understand this is a critical feature, and have prioritized a fix accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating. It's been over 5 weeks now. Doesn't look good for Adobe or your third party developers for this situation to arise.

This bug should have been caught in beta testing before release. Are APIs not tested as part of the QA process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of any available public announcement by Adobe about any forthcoming updates, should not be misinterpreted as a lack of action on our part.

Yes, our APIs are tested. The problem was not present throughout most of the pre-release cycle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some digging around in the machine code. When you attempt to set a clip marker property via script (in this case name) it calls SL::MarkerLiveObject::SetName which then calls MZ::ExecuteActionWithoutUndo. There's a check in MZ::ExecuteActionWithoutUndo check to see if the first param is empty. Which in my test it was, so MZ::ExecuteActionWithoutUndo bails and the proper chain of events never makes it to BE::Marker::SetName.

To verify this behaviour, when you modify a clip marker name in app, MZ::ExecuteAction gets called (it contains a similar check as MZ::ExecuteActionWithoutUndo) and the first param check passes and eventually makes its way to passing the value to BE::Marker::SetName.

Hope this helps to solve this issue quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into it!

I can neither confirm nor deny that we've had it fixed for some time, in internal builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates, as Adobe has not publicly announced any new releases of our products, since the last request for updates in this thread.

Probably worth checking again, once you hear that we've announced a new release or PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now broken for 13 weeks...

Previous years have seen critical bug fixes released before 18th January, so I'm not sure what's going on this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into this problem too.

Here is my exact problem. I created sequences of interviews and gives them to my client. He marks on the sequences what he likes from the interview and sends the project file back to me. When I open it up, I don't see his marks at all. They are there on his end, but I don't see it. I have ran into marks disappearing before but didn't think much of it because I don't use them much. But now, it's a problem because this is how this client likes to work.

Why is it so hard for Adobe to figure it out? Does Adobe just not care to look into this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why the markers your client created, don't show up when you open that same project.

Since you didn't mention using an API to attempt to set those markers, it seems you're encountering a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018.1 update is now released, which fixes the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having problems updating it. It keeps telling me that a "File already exist at the install path."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines