Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask edges disappear when in full screen on project panel

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As in the name, this keeps happening to me. Please can someone advise?

I've also heard you shouldn't download the latest versions as they are full of bugs like this (which I'm experiencing for several things), is there a way to download previous versions of the software?

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us keep multiple versions of the major DVA's ... digital video audio app's ... installed, and keep current projects (as much as possible) in the versions they were created in.

You can have separate full versions loaded simultaneously ... that is, those with different build numbers. 2014 was 8.x builds, 2015.1/2 were 9.x builds, 2015.3/4 were 10.x builds, and 2017 versions are all 11.x builds. You can have one of each ...

You go to the Adobe Creative Cloud "Desktop" app, the Apps tab, scroll down to the "Find Additional Applications" bar, click on the blue text to the right and select "View Previous Versions", and from that section you can click on the Install button to the right say of Premiere Pro, and it will give you a list of past versions. Typically, the first release of each version, and after installing, you can update them to the last release of that version.

PrPro does not have backwards compatibility, so a project you've used in say 2017 cannot be used in 2015.3/4. If you had a saved version of a project used in an earlier version, you would revert to that project file.

It is not really great to update (especially major versions) while working a time-critical project. You can install a new major version, and work new projects and test projects in it to see if it's working fine.

Further ... when you do migrate project files forward, it's best to create a new project in the new version, then in the Media browser, navigate to the project file you're trying to migrate forward, and import that project file and it's assets into the the new version. This typically works better than simply opening an older project file in a new version, and having PrPro "update" the project file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is intentional behaviour, because going full screen is meant to preview your video, and will thus remove any decorations that will not be output on export.

If you want a larger panel and still retain the mask edges, maximize the panel instead, by pressing the ` key (the grave accent key paired with the tilde ~ symbol).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both for your replies.

Eikonoklastes, I'm afraid this issue is having when I do press that key, and then sometimes it disappears when in the reduce standard project pane size. I'm now just dragging the bottom to increase the size of that specific window, which isn't ideal as it takes time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there no solution here? I am having the same issue where the mask disappears when maximizing the Project Panel using the tilde (~) key. In fact when using the pen tool, the pen is visible but the mask path itself is not until after I restore the panel to normal size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try expanding the program monitor while doing this manually ... so it's big enough to see what you need to do but not so big it's cutting off your visibility of the masking tools.

And ... file that bug report ...

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. That's what I've been doing but it sure would be a lot nicer to be able to just pop out to full screen to draw out the masks. I'll file the report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines