• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mavic 2 Drone Footage - Very choppy in timeline and export - Urgently looking for fix.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am currently working on a project for a friend that includes 4k & 2.7k drone footage from the Mavic 2. When I open the footage in VLC it looks great and smooth. However, whenever I import it into Adobe I start to skip a large amount of frames and I understand that this is normal. However, it also skips frames when I export the footage.

I have tried:

- Playback resolution 1/4 and 1/8

-  Rendering in to out inside Adobe.

- Creating Proxies - I can scrub the footage perfectly in Adobe however, when I export I start to skip a large amount of frames again.

For some reason the footage actually plays back smoother inside Adobe when I do not render the footage "in to out".

I recorded the footage with a:
SanDisk Extreme 256 GB microSDXC Memory Card

- 160MB/s read, and 90 MB/s write

- UHS Speed Class 3 rating and video class speed of V30 labelled as “4K UHD-ready” which makes it an ideal choice for 4K footage.

My laptop specs:

- 16gb RAM

- GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Design (with latest driver)

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Noah

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running a new Mac Book Pro with M2 Max and 32GB of Ram. Still my Mavic 2 Pro H.265 Footage is very hard to edit, or simply not editable in premiere pro. Please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bottom line is H.264 and H.265 are really only good for social media and sharing video from thanksgiving and Christmas. Really if you are trying to do a paying gig with these codecs you are asking for a world of pain. DJI Prosumer is more sumer than pro. Pro res is th bomb but you will need to spend money on an expensive drone. Youtube help videos are an echo chamber. Everyone repeats each other "solutions" as to get add revenue and views. Truth is H.264+5 are just not good enough for professional use. What you have my friend, is an expensive toy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines