• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder won't queue

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest build of Premiere CC. I can export sequences without issue but if I try to 'Queue' and send to Media Encoder, it won't show up. Basically, Media Encoder will launch automatically as it should be no job actually get's added...It just sits there. I've waited close to 30 minutes with no success. The behaivor is identical to whenever I just launch Encoder on it's own. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

The AME team is investigating similar reports from other customers. While they have not yet nailed down the cause, the workaround they're recommending is to clear your AME preferences. The easiest way to do this is to hold Shift while launching AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I'd check is whether a process is hung. Start by closing Premiere Pro, AME, and any other Adobe video apps that are running. Then check Task Manager (Win) or Activity Monitor (Mac) and kill  any instances of PProHeadless, dynamiclinkmanager, or Adobe QT32 Server that remain. Note that dynamiclinkmanager routinely continues running for 20-30 seconds after quitting all Adobe programs that use DynamicLink.

Now try relaunching Premiere and exporting to AME. Any better luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of the above as well as multiple restarts.... 😕

Oh and I'm on OSX by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My media encoder CC doesnt want to render ??!? I need a fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the After Effects and Media Encoder is not installed in the default directory, that is why the dynamic link wont work for me, so i had to write some commands in CMD, unfortunately i forgot what the command was, anyway, what it did was specifing the custom location of both programs so that he would know from what location to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this has helped at all. I'm on all the latest updates (2018) and this still isn't working. This is unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Braeden, have you reached out to Adobe support? They have been helpful for me a couple times in the past and actually did a remote login to help fix this.

I know it's nuts this is even an issue at all, but they can help you get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as well.
Premiere exports will not populate in Media Encoder queue after update to v22.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are not looking at your Watch Folders panel, Andrew? Hope we can figure this out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate the response.

Unfortunately it is queue and not the watch folders screen. Here's a couple more pecies of information that may be relevant. 

- I installed Premiere Beta v22.1 briefly and always forget it installs Media Encoder beta as well. I have since uninstalled both and am currently on v22 of Premiere an Media Encoder.

- I have been using Media Encoder since it's release and I've tried all the little fixes and tricks I know, but have never experienced a situation where there appears to a complete loss of communication beween Media Encoder and After Effects/Premiere in which anything send to be queued in Media Encoder just does not ever make it into the queue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zorro,

Sorry! The usual culprit is mismatching versions. Update After Effects and Media Encoder to the latest version and try encoding again. Let us know if it works.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, AE and ME are the same version. The latest ones, 2022

--
0425 273 255
* @gamarnikzorro*
Creative signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are currently several versions of Pr2022 ... so which specific version, 22.0, 22.1, 22.2, or 22.3?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and everyone who can hear me,

I got completed project in AE, waiting to be exported as H 264.

Aftereffects doesn't have h 264 export option and Media Encoder does't comunicate with Aftereffects. Plese let me know how can I export h264 format by using yor state of the art software ?

I hsve tried to call adobe and ended up talking to a person who I couldn't understand plus very bad line.

This is disgasting  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creative signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of AfterEffects and MediaEncoder do you have? They should be matching numbers now, so it's a lot easier to check for mis-matches.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue.

Essentially ever since upgrading my OS to Mavericks, Premiere CC can successfully "export", but it cannot "queue" into Media Encoder CC.

All that happens is Media Encoder launches and then it just sits there with a "Not currently encoding" status.

I've restarted, re-downloaded, and verified this issue on two separate machines running two seperate CC accounts.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating as it hinders our editing time, We used to be able to add sequences to the queue and keep on editing but now we must wait for each individual sequence to render.

Any recommendations?

iMac 27'' 2013

Mac OSX 10.9

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Version 7.1.0 (141)

Adobe Media Encoder CC

Version 7.1.0.174 (64-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can add to this conversation is that I haven't had any problems like this on my Windows 7 machine, so I'd guess it's probably a Mac specific issue... (unless other Windows users can duplicate the issue)

Like Mark said, killing dynamiclinkmanager does the trick for me, on the rare occurance that "handshakes" from one Adobe application to another aren't happening. Sorry it's not working for you, and hopefully someone can help you out more.

Question: If you guys launch Adobe Media Encoder and try to do a File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence... does that work? Or is that also not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TeekayCC,

Thanks for the info, that was my guess - a native issue with Mac's newest OS.

I tried the "Add Premiere Pro Sequence..." and it doesn't add a sequence, just sits there saying "Not currently encoding."

I've checked activity monitor and so far I have not observed "dynamiclinkmanager" in the task list.

I do see Core Sync, Creative Cloud, and Adobe CEF Helper

Kevin Monahan,

I know your question is directed at ExodusCry3, but I will add that I am trying to export via h.264 (specifically the youtube 720p 23.976 format) with the  maximum render quality box checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AME team is investigating similar reports from other customers. While they have not yet nailed down the cause, the workaround they're recommending is to clear your AME preferences. The easiest way to do this is to hold Shift while launching AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark Mapes,

This (holding down shift while AME launched) worked for me, thanks Mark Mapes.

I'm looking forward to the permanent fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the same problem here (OS X 10.8.5) and found I could clear the jam by changing the setting for Renderer: MPE Software Only, to MPE GPU (OpenCL). Then the export AME Queue worked and it still worked when I changed it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress on this issue.  I am having the same problem and tried all the recommended solutions in this post to no avail.  A similar problem occurs for me when I try Analyzing a clip for speech recognition, AME opens but nothing gets added to the queue and nothing else happens.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. Any progress on this issue yet?  I too have tried all the recommended solutions in this post to no avail. This really is an important part of our workflow. Please keep us updated.

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what version of AME is installed, WHMB TV & oatbean? Please report the precise version number as reported in the About box, e.g., 7.2.0.043.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My AME version number is 7.2.0.43 as found using Get Info on .app file. I can't get the application to launch fully as it hangs on one of the bundles, even after holding shift down. Takes somwhere between 3 and 5 minutes from double-clicking the app to when it hangs and stops progressing through the launch sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines