• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media offline when exporting, but media online in PP?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an issue where when I try to export my video, I get a pop up window saying 'some media is offline, it will be rendered using the red media offline graphic'. However, in Premier pro all my media seems to be online, I have followed several different video tutorials on how to re-link media and the option to re-link media is greyed out for me as there is no media that is unlinked, so why does this message come up when trying to export?

Playback in PP is fine, all media appears to be online.

Thanks

EDIT: Having viewed the exported video it seems that all the media which has been replaced by the red 'media offline' logo is all the .MTS files filmed on my Camcorder whereas all the GoPro footage is showing up correctly in the exported video. I don't know if that will help to identify the problem but thought it was wrth mentioning.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Hi Caoimhe,

Please delete it manually by going to the specific location.

This will delete all the Media Cache that has been accumulated from the old projects and the current project. Media Cache will generate itself as soon as you open the project, the project will automatically conform and generate peak files.

//Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making the MTS clips offline, and then relinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same problem.

After latest update,

none of the MTS files render are happening right.

It says, MEDIA OFFLINE

URGENT HELP NEEDED! My client is on my head already.

How do we contact Adobe guys directly ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is very tight lipped with their phone number, making it inordinately difficult to find.  They used to have paid incident support, but maybe that's gone now and that's why they make finding a phone number more difficult than solving the actual problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me.

I selected all the clips in the bin and right clicked - unlinked. Then right clicked and re-linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having the same problem myself at the moment, I'm just wondering if you ever managed to sort it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi caoimhe,

Please check the location of Media Cache in Premiere Pro to delete all the Media Cache. You might need to clean up the complete folder so follow the steps below to clean them manually.

For MAC go to Premiere Pro menu>Preferences>Media

For Win: Go to Edit menu of Premiere Pro>Preferences>Media

On MAC it is user Library by default so go to User library>Application support>Adobe>Common

Delete all Cache which is in Media Cache and Media Cache folder.

User library is hidden so to make it unhidden it check the below link

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

On Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Delete all cache files from Media Cache and Media Cache folder

AppData is hidden so to make it unhidden check the below link.

Show hidden files - Windows Help

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Do I just press clean to delete the cache files? What exactly is this doing because I'm just afraid I'll delete all the files.

I don't know if it's worth noting that I export it using Media Encoder to export and that the files also aren't rendering correctly.

Thanks a million,

Caoimhe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caoimhe,

Please delete it manually by going to the specific location.

This will delete all the Media Cache that has been accumulated from the old projects and the current project. Media Cache will generate itself as soon as you open the project, the project will automatically conform and generate peak files.

//Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - Thnx!!! Saved my life 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,, there are a lot of bugs in Adobe Premiere that are solved by deleting the Media Cache Files! Did you notice ?? Anyway My project have hundreds of media i always delete the media cache, and for the actual project i am working on is 69GB of media cache! So you can imagine the amount of time if i delete the media cache for each project! I know Adobe are dealing with lot of bugs and trying to develope the best editing software...They achieved it...so let them focus a little on our needs (not big companies, but small freelancer that are living with their product!) Anyway best tool ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem but deleting the chash file didn't work for me, but i found a simple solution.

Just renamed the offline file and then it apeared offline in thr sequence automaticaly, and then just linked it back to the file with a new name . worked strait away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

10 years after the initial progblem. Still no fix in the actual system. This post right here tho ^ easiest way to resolve the problem. Adobe just generates a new peak file. Thank you Josiph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any opinion on changing Media Cache Flies and Media Cache Database file locations?  Thinking I might keep both files on my faster media drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of MP4 clips in my footage that I am trying to export in a sequence, using H264, but the exported version contains that red "off-line" image for those clips, yet they are not off-line in Premiere.  Is this the same issue with the Media Cache?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. This totally worked. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a star! Manually deleting it all helped! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful with this fix ... I am a cautious guy who has spent too much time editing to accidentally toss it away so I did a copy of the two media folders to an external drive, then emptied the two described folders to empty and threw the trash away.  After that, I did a reboot on my Mac to make sure I removed any sign of the old cache information.  I then went back to my project that originally had the Media Encoder showing the Red no media image and tried again where it showed the same Red no media image. 

Now curious I went to Premiere CC2017 and brought up that project only to notice I had audio but no video.  Backup before you make a huge mistake.  This has not been a fix for me.  I hope someone has a good one soon as I am behind in my deadlines.  I miss using my CS6 suite but being on a new iMac with High Sierra, Adobe does not allow me to update the CS6 media codecs.  This whole process has been a bad headache and clients don't care what your problems are.  They just want their product.

By the way ... DVDs are not DEAD.  I have sold 600 in the past few months.  I call it a living so stop trying to take my living away, please.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines