Copied

For me it had to do with trying to import clips. As soon as I'd import a

clip it would start conforming, suck up all the memory and crash the

machine. I had to uninstall 2018 and go back to 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of footage serf_dude?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I shoot AVCHD but no matter what codec the footage is as soon as the

conforming process starts the computer crashes. This is why I went back to

2017. I have too much work to do to deal with software issues.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Kevin-Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I shoot AVCHD but no matter what codec the footage is as soon as the

conforming process starts the computer crashes.

Sorry about that serf_dude. Sounds like your footage cannot be decoded properly. Which OS are you on?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

serf_dude,

Still having trouble? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just insane.

Normally I'm a very calming dude who takes slight software bugs for normal but Premiere keeps me banging my head against the wall - literally!

Not a single project runs stable any more. I get 5 minutes of working time per session - MAX! After that Premiere crashes without an error message. I keep losing money with that kind of workflow.

It doesn't matter what project I'm working on. It doesn't matter whether I'm using CC2017 oder CC2018. It doesn't even matter whether I'm using my Notebook (i5 5200u, 12 GB of ram, GeForce 840m, 250 GB SSD) or my desktop computer (Ryzen 5 1600, 16 GB of ram, GeForce 1050, 250 GB SSD) - both running Windows 10.

I reinstalled the software - twice! I cleared the media cache, I moved the media cache,  I disabled GPU acceleration, I ran a Memtest, I allocated more RAM to Premiere. I spend hours searching forums and asking people. Nothing helped - it just keeps crashing. Some times even both of my displays go completely black, sound stops and only a hard reset helps. 

I'm really really desperate since my deadlines are coming closer and closer. This can't be real! Why exactly am I paying about 300 bucks a year for not only a buggy but completely unworkable software?

Before I file an official complaint with the demand to get part of my money back I want this to be my final reach for help. Please, Adobe, don't scare off a customer who was loyal to your products for more than 7 years. Please!

P.s. the problem is also sometimes happening to the Media Encoder. NOT a single time while working on After Effects though. Weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactaly what is happening to me. It just keeps randomly crashing. I run it on a Mac. The same with Media Encoder. 

Sometimes it csn stay open for hours, sometimes 5 mins. The crashes happen even when I’m not using it. For example, leaving it open and going to the shops. It will crash while I’m out.

I have done everything you mentioned.

Im disgusted tbh and I’m also very much easy about bugs on newly released software. This time howvefer im not. An update is WELL overdue to fix these bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys. I THINK I found a solution to our problem. Simply said: Downgrade your graphics driver to an older version. I reainstalled Windows and instead of installing the newest nVidia driver from the website I sticked to the one which came with my graphics card (1050Ti). Premiere (CC2017) running smoothly aaaaand with GPU acceleration. Give it a try since in this current state you got nothing to lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also — make sure the Metadata window is closed! Random I know, but this has significantly reduced the number of crashes I've had. And I've also done everything — trashed preferences, clean install OS/applications, switched Renderers, moved the cache etc. etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. After a full day of working properly Premiere again thought that things are going a little bit too smoothly. So today it decided to — in my face again and giving me importerMPEG & playback errors after a couple of minutes. Absoutely unworkable!!!

Moderator Warning: Please do not use profanity on our forums. It is against our community policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely located the problem: it's a memory leak! While opening the project Premiere renders all previews black and unplayable. Simultaneously the software ignores all RAM-limitations and according to the task manager ALL my RAM gets eaten up in a couple of seconds until Windows can't operate properly. The result: importerMPEG errors, black screens, hard crashes. So yeah, definitely Premiere is leaking ...

A time consuming workaround is to

1) rename the Common-folder at Appdata/Roaming/Adobe.

2) After that all the previews are created again.

3) In the menu settings choose memory preference instead of 'performance'.

4) Unfortunately in order to work properly you may never close Premiere again for the time you're working on a particular project. Also you should never shutdown your system but rather use HIBERNATE (if your OS is on a SSD) and SAVE ENERGY (if your OS is on a HDD).

Basically there's no other way for me right now but to keep Premiere running constantly. As soon as I close and reopen it for the SECOND time Premiere keeps crashing again.

I already filed a bug report. This memory leakage is a serious problem! I don't think I'll get back to Adobe after my subscription ends. I mean: While it's working, it's amazingly great and intuitive. While it's bugging and lagging, it's literally devouring money, (mental and physical) energy and time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines