• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury transmit constantly crashes on Premire Pro 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The saga continues.... Mercury transmit on premire pro is TOTALLY BROKEN!!!

My setup is an HP Z8 workstation with 64 gigs of ram, LG 32" 4K monitor as my main screen and a Samsung 50" TV as my secondary monitor (mercury transmit). This scenario has been working very well until windows updated to 1903. Then I started to see lines and tearing on the samsung monitor.

Just upddated my CC apps to the 2020 versions. Windows 10 is running their latest "Creator Verison 1903" Updated the Nvidia Quadro P5000 Graphics card drivers to their latest version with Nvidia Clean install. Reset the adobe preferences on Premire to factory.

I start Premiere. Simple edit project, some text, and a single video. do a simple move of a text element. Premire just shuts down.

I am at my wits end and about to trash an expensive edit system and go back to editing with Final Cut Pro on a Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Happy to lend a hand here.  Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues.

I have a few questions for you.

As I understand it, this issue occured after updating Windows using an older version of Premiere Pro?  Premiere 2019?

Is Premiere crashing?  What happens when Premiere shuts down? Does the Adobe Crash Report Dialog pop up?

If you change your GPU settings to software only (Project Settings) does this help?  Trying this may help us determine if this is driver related. Sounds like it could be.

Wes Howell

Premiere Pro Quality Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wes,

I am soooo frustrated with Adobe Premiere right now that I am about to trash a $10,000 HP workstation PC, cancel my Creative Cloud subscriptions and move back to Apple final cut Pro.

Here is the latest. Spent 2 hours on chat with Nvidia this morning to no avial. I have just uninstalled Premiere Pro 2020 and will try to reinstall it. This all started last september when Windows updated the machine to version 1903. I was getting lines and tearing on the mercury transmit monitor that were unacceptable. I have tried everything I can think of based on the forums, chats with Nvidia support and experimentation. The straw that broke the camels happend todya when I scaled a PNG on a video and the image dissapeared. I have never been so frustrated and disappointed with Adobe and Nvidia as I am right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I have projects I need to complete and don't have the time for science projects.

I have been a happy and loyal Adobe usere for several years with no isuues until now.

Please help me get this resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I understand you're frustrated. I hear you.

The most helpful thing for me is acquiring more details and information.

Can you respond to my previous questions? 

Also, I'd like to quickly confirm that you're not using 3rd party hardware or drivers?

I could also work with you to scheduel some direct support if you would prefer.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wes,

I just reinstalled Premiere.

I do not get the crash dialog. Sometimes it just crashes. Other times I get an NVidia Open GL Driver Error. Unable to recover from a kernel exception, Error Code 3 (Subcode 7).

I seem to have it run ok with Transmit turned off on the program monitor.

I will try the GPU software only setting, but I invested in a Quadro P5000 graphics card with 16 GB of GPU ram. I found that my current memory config (2 32Gig Sticks) is not optimal for this box. So I am planning to upgrade ram to 192 Gig as I also do some big AE projects.

This is a dedicated video edit machine (HP Z8).

Thanks again for your asistance. I really do like Premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. 

This does seem like these problems could be pointing towards the Quadro driver.  The driver error that you have seen is definitely a very serious issue.

I would think the driver may have been updated or changed with your Windows update which would make sense.

When you have spoken with Nvidia support, have you tried any older drivers by chance?

This is the first thing I would try if I were in your shoes.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wes,

More informaiton for you.

Changing the settings to software only changes the status bar to red and slows the system down a bit (I have 90% of the ram(64 Gig right now) dedicated to Premiere. I do use a palette controller for push buttons and slideers along with a tangent controller for color correction (Lumitari). Connected to the box are an extrernal backup HDD, the two monitors (LG 32" 4K Displayport and Samsung 50" LED screen HDMI to Display port), a wireless mouse and keyboard. I shoot my raw video on a sony camera and use Sony's catalyst browser to bring media into the media drive.

Even in software mode, I get "tearing and lines" on the playback monitor (Samsung). I can capture and send you a clip showing the lines...

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines