Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury Transmit - Playback Monitor goes white

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Running late 2013 Mac Pros with AMD FirePro D700s and Yosemite OSX and Premiere 2015.3. No system changes / updates have been made and MT had been functioning all Summer with the update to 2015.3, but now playback on my 3rd monitor which is set up for Mercury Transmit will go white and stay that way even if you navigate back to the desktop. I can get it to revert if I disable MT or unplug and replug the HDMI monitor cable.

I have tried resetting the NVRAM, disabling OpenCL to no avail. Also, worth mentioning we have 15 similar hardware set-ups and it only pops up on about 3 machines so far.

I have seen similar complaints, but no tangible solution. Can anyone please assist?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check if those firepros are the ones covered under the apple gfx recall notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were, and replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a very similar setup to yours. I've had an experience in the past similar to what you are having now. Drove me crazy. In the end, I had stretched my sequence line a pixel too far over and it crossed over to my second monitor. I believe this disabled, or at least caused issues with my MT (third) monitor. You can also try resetting your work space under the Window pull down menu to see if that has become corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear to be a corrupt workspace. I tried resetting, I tried trashing workspaces with CS Repair, nothing yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are they all the same resolution? there was a resolution bug a while back if two monitors had different resolutions.

up to date gfx drivers? rolling back drivers sometimes helps.

since you said you have identical systems, you cold swap out the gfx card and/or compare driver versions to easily isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The playback is 1920 x 1080 and the others are 1920 x 1200, but this is across the board here and, like I said, only a few machines were exhibiting this. They all have the same drivers, etc, we update them as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roblawmps,

Most of the time, it has to do with overlapping UI items. Double check this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some other people said that changing your workspace to the color workspace preset and then restarting fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, Chris!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines