• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata???

Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I wonder, will I ever get through an elaborate project, even a simple one, without any adobe premiere issues?

I'm simply trying to close the project. I'm done editing. Nothing appears to be happening. But this dialog box pops up preventing me. I suppose I can wait longer, but I've been waiting about 10 minutes now... I can ignore it and click yes, but then I can't help but wonder if something is wrong... This is an extremely solid machine, I think. It's a new build: i9 9900k, 2080 Ti, 64 GB RAM, SSD and m.2 drives.

Here's the project:

I did have a problem before this started. I created a sequence with all the sequences in it to create a picture in picture intro (see preview in program monitor). Then I tried to bring that sequence into each sequence but my cursor turned into a circle with a diagonal line, so I wasn't allowed to. Although, this is something I've done before. So, I exported that intro sequence. Then brought it into the project. Well, I was able to place this intro mpeg into about 4 sequences and then suddenly I couldn't anymore, got that cursor circle again... So, I copied the clip from a previous sequence and pasted it into the remaining sequences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read your post several times but I'm still uncertain what you are asking.

• You mention a dialog box but do not disclose what it displays.
  • Your post is titled Metadata but that is the last mention of Metadata.
  • You mention your PC specs but not your video codecs.
  • From your screenshot I see you are working with 60FPS. I also noticed a bin labeled HVAC. I assumed you were working with HEVC until I saw actual air conditioners in your program monitor.

So my question is:

What exactly are you asking for help with?

And what video codec(s) are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that's crazy, I mean, I was in a rush when I posted this, but I swear the dialog box was the first thing I pasted into the post. I don't remember exactly what it said other than it was still writing meta data and if I proceed to close the program it may not finish. For some reason the image I pasted in of this dialog box disappeared. It was right above "Here's the project:" in my original post.

Anyways, I went back and this made me look at where the scratch/cache is being saved. I went to that drive and just looked at the size of the folders. Then I went back to Premiere and this time it let me save without that dialog box.

Alrighty, hope I don't see it again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, i was just asking for help with the dialog box that didn't make it in the post, lol.

As for the codec, it's h.264. Nothing new, I've been editing that since adobe first supported it over tens years ago. Normally, on the computer I was editing on for ten years straight, my old computer, i was able to cut multiple tracks of 4k mixed with HD and all kinds of other assets and not have any problems, but adobe's been super buggy lately even with my new build that's way better than my old one. So, who knows anymore, seems sometimes feel like they're regressing around here, cutting one line of HD can even be a challenge for premiere sometimes. I can't wait to have time to give DaVinci Resolve a spin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines