• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing and inconsistent metadata between workspaces in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting different results in metadata depending on which workspace I am in.

In the Assembly workspace I import video files from the Media Browser tab. I have created a new metadata text field called "Tags".  Entered some info in  Comment and Tags fields. When I switch to Metadata tab in the Assembly workspace the data in comments is there but the Tags field is blank. If I now put data in Comment and Tags and then switch to the Project tab the Comment data shows but not the Tags. (blank or different data in each).

Now I switch to the Editing Workspace, Project tab. Now the project tab Tags field shows what the Assembly, Metadata tab does.

But now the Creation Date info is blank. Same thing with the Metalogging workspace, no creation date and different Tags info from the Assembly workspace. Assembly workspace does have info for Creation Date.

If I make a subclip in the Assembly workspace, the Tags info copies to the subclip but not the comments. If I make a subclip in the Editing workspace, neither Tags nor Comments carry forward. Same thing for Metalogging workspace.

Why is the custom text field "Tags" inconsistent?

Why does the Tags field transfer in some cases to the subclip but not others?

Why is creation date a blank field in everything but the Assembly workspace?

PP CC v12.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

I worked with Adobe tech support for a bit. He stepped me through recreating the Prefs folder and that fixed the issue of two different bits of data in the same field on the same screen. Still a problem with Creation Date not being visible in list view. Sometimes it is, sometimes not. If it is visible, I can make it go away by scrolling it out of sight and back.

premiere test.webm - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata entry in v12.0 is dodgy: Adding metadata to multiple clips not working

so this doesn't surprise me.

I'd do the usual - reset prefs, try again in a brand new project and then assuming it still occurs then file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the brand new project. It doesn't matter which camera I use.

Thanks for the thread link. I'll capture a video for demonstration for the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I moved some source files into a new directory in order to record a bug demonstration video. Now the Creation Date field is populated in the Editing:Project tab. Will see if sticky.

Still have problem of the custom text field Tag showing different data on the same screen. Here, with the Project pane active and the file selected it shows Tag1 in the bottom and Tag 11 in the Metadata pane above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with Adobe tech support for a bit. He stepped me through recreating the Prefs folder and that fixed the issue of two different bits of data in the same field on the same screen. Still a problem with Creation Date not being visible in list view. Sometimes it is, sometimes not. If it is visible, I can make it go away by scrolling it out of sight and back.

premiere test.webm - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamh,

Please file a bug here. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for bumping this so I complete it. The little update last week seems to have fixed the issue. I will check carefully and put in a report there if I spot the issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines