I recently migrated all of my editing materials from one external hard drive to another. I opened up a Premiere Pro project that I had been working on recently but from the new drive. When I opened the project, all of my MOGRT media was either unlinked/red missing media screen or showing the missing media bars that one sees in After Effects (see attached image).
I was able to relink the offline MOGRTS easily enough, but I am not sure how to relink the media the MOGRT thinks is missing when I can't open the .aegraphic file the MOGRT instance in my Premiere Pro project is using.
I have the following questions:
1) is there a way to open .aegraphic files and relink the media that way? I'm under the impression you cannot open .aegraphic files in AE though they are created by AE.
2) Is there another fix for this? I have tried opening the parent AE file the MOGRT is based on and relinking media there but it has not worked. It is possible I tried that with the wrong version of the AE file, however.
Thanks in advance!
Same!!! why has almost nobody this problem? Drives me insane!! Ive tested 2022 and 2023 on PC and MAC !! 50% of the time Videofiles embedded in mogrt DO NOT load in premiere! But the AEgraphic is perfect when you extract and import in AE!! All files are present. What is going on??
No support by Adobe! Shame!!!
Yes you can open the aegraphic files in Ae ... in fact, you should do that regularly. As you can take any mogrt you get anywhere, open it in Ae, and dissect how it's been built. Reuse parts ... and learn from it.
Any 'added' files to a mogrt, such as pics or video ... need to live with that mogrt on 'local storage' if at all possible, or this happens.
Remember, when you build a mogrt in Ae for deployment in Pr, you use 'spaceholder' images for where the Pr editor will add the content. So that content is tied to how the Pr editor attached it. Which is something that trips up a lot of users.
I have now 3 different clients that experience coloredbar/missing file screens in the mogrts!
While the same mogrt works just fine on other PP setups. So the template is working, also when you extract it to AE, all files are present.
There is a bug, for sure!
Copy link to clipboard