Today I encountered a strange bug. I opened my Premiere Pro and booted an older project, which needed some feedback to be applied. All of a sudden, my screen started to flicker from being "on" to being blacked out for 2-3 seconds before appearing to come on again. This seems to happen mostly when scrubbing through my timeline, but also when opening settings it occurs. All of this goes for Adobe After Effects as well.
What I've tried so far, without success:
What I've tried, which gave me a workaround:
I could not find any other resembling issues on the forum. Strange is, I worked on a major project three days ago, which worked out fine. No idea where to trace this problem back to.
Attached is a video of the issue.
Thanks for your reply. Just trashed my preferences but the problem still occurs.
The overclock I am using has been in play for about half a year now. It's a minor one, nearly a "standard" setting so to speak. Bit of a waste not do so when buying a K-verison if such CPU 🙂
Copy link to clipboard
That's pretty weird, Joery. Looks like you have multiple monitors hooked up. What happens if you use only 1 computer for your GPU? Is your computer case sufficiently cool? Is your power unit sufficient for the power you are drawing? What kind of footage are you working with? Do you have heavy effects or 4K to HD scaling going on? What more can you tell us?
Copy link to clipboard
I just realized I had "black-outs" before, when I just bought my current screen. This was caused by "Freesync/G-Sync" or "Adaptive Sync" as it is stated on my native monitor settings. I checked my software settings (driver) and saw it was disabled. Then I checked my physical monitor settings and there it was... adaptive sync was turned ON again for some reason. Might be cause I accidentaly turned off the screen a few days ago, which I normally just put on standby. Guessing this reset that option.
Turning the adaptive sync off via my physical monitor settings fixed the issue!~Strange to see how all other applications were unaffected, as my first encounter with this issue (when first buying the monitor) had it affect each and every application.
Just thought I'd share this "solution" seeing how a future user alike may struggle with the same inexplicable issue.