Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More than 24 hour timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I am making a documentation of guiness world record and i need to put a one file 25 hours long video (one file) for documentation purposes.
Premiere pro have a 24 hour limit time.

What to do guys? What to do? I have tried nesting but it still doesnt allow me to make a longer sequence than 24 h.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Ok, so thanks for that "insightfull" posts Ann! "it cant be done" is the best answer, always.

For anyone that is looking for an actual answer.
Workaround:
1. Split folders with BPAV files to contain less than 24 h of video.
2. Make two sequences, With for example 23 and 2 hour videos.
3. Export in same settings.
4. Merge with different software (not going to say the name of it, not sure about breaking the rules).

Done!
154 GB 25 hour long video is here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assume that "one file" is to prove that no editing took place.

So...out of curiosity...how are you shooting this in one file?

If you can shoot it in one file...you dont need to edit it in a timeline..or is there another reason?

I might be missing something here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have never worker with camera so I'm going to explain.

While using XDCAM camera shoots 4GB files with timecode and a lot of additional info. And it has two memory banks, to deliver continous write. Premiere pro can even effortlessly merge these files into one in media browser even before importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas 24 hours is the limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. I have wrote that in first post.
I'm looking for an idea of workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no workaround 24 hours is the limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so thanks for that "insightfull" posts Ann! "it cant be done" is the best answer, always.

For anyone that is looking for an actual answer.
Workaround:
3. Export in same settings.
4. Merge with different software (not going to say the name of it, not sure about breaking the rules).

Done!
154 GB 25 hour long video is here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are asking for Premiere. Not some other software so the answer is still No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with inability to import merged XDCAM files has been solved, so i will still take that as a success.
Merging two separate files in 3rd party program is just last step, and it actually doesn't matter so much.

THIS is workaround:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This attitude makes me feel like I'm on reddit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "Adobe Community Professional" mean stuck-up arrogant toolbag? Or am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with 3 days of footage and I need to make several "Commercials", while maintaining the original clips for possible edits requested by the client. Just want to throw my 2 cents in that I would really appreciate the possibility of working with a longer timeline. I like the idea of having all the raw footage available, while also working with edited sequences further down the timeline. The answer posted by Adobe is "it can't be done" but I don't understand why (noob here so feel free to enlighten).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh you're all over this post with it aren't you. Sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timecode only allows 8 digits of information - hours, minutes, seconds, frames. Going past 23 hours 59 minutes and whatever frame rate - would require more digits. And as existing timecode is the basis for all equipment and software that works with video including Premiere Pro - it's not as simple as it might seem.

NB. the posts in this thread are not from 'Adobe' but users of Adobe software like yourself. A post from someone from Adobe will be identified as 'Adobe employee'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap... you're telling me I'm paying $50 a month for an app that can't even do something as simple as this... despite that a lot of the competition is more than capable...

Nice to see that Adobe are lazy money grabbers too like the rest of them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What competition can do more than 24h timelines/footage (it's over the timecode limit then). I suppose Resolve can (or so I've read) but then it won't likely export to any other workflow software once the hour part of the timecode goes into 3 digits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines