• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Graphics PROBLEM and Premiere Pro 2022 keep crashing.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated my Premiere Pro to 2022, and it's just ridiculous. I can't even work as it keep crashing. Motion Graphics stuck at 15%, then I have to force quit the program. Then Motion Graphics media always pending. I want to downgrade but how? The new update just sucks.  

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I got EXACTLY the same problem and I can't downgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have this issue. What I also noticed is that when opening an project, every motion I have in the project won't load, it'll say "media pending". Left it loading for hours, with no change at all. 

Unfortunately, I'm having to downgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I had to downgrade for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, even after downgrading, I'm left with a couple of issues, which I'm not entirely sure where it stems from, perhaps some leftover files? Not sure, will continue to investigate and see if I can figure out what is going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's far from ideal and very time consuming, but I have been exporting my graphics with a transparent background (RGB+Alpha) and adding them like an overlay. I just can't wait for this issue to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off multiframe rendering in ae cleared this problem up for me

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/dynamic-link-issue-broken-not-working-adobe-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it doesn't work for everyone else here and it hasn't worked for me so it's clearly not the right answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What it looks like is there are multiple things at play here, so what is the right answer will vary by probably the user's particular gear involved, OS, even media and/or effects.

A right royal mess. Things like this can be a bugger to totally nail down.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I can't even export XMLs to try to salvage some of my work. Looks like some folks at adobe are going to have a busy weekend...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd think they would, but I don't think they actually care about their customers. They use all of us as testers and continue to take our monthly subscription while doing the bare minimum.

Creative Cloud users should get an apology e-mail with an ETA on when this will be fixed.

It's the least we deserve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a free month or as long as it takes to get things working the way they were before the upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Alo having the same issue, but with After Effects files in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the issue with an after effects file placed in premier pro. Says media pending and then freezes up the program and I have to force quit. Very frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been more motivated to suffer through the learning curve of learning Davinci than I am now. I hate what Adobe has become.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in both PrPro and Resolve. BM just released a major update, 17.4. Which exactly like the Pr 2022 release, has most users doing fine. Some have irritating issues. And some are completely bonked in the new release. They even put out a patch that one noted colorist posted on the BM forums was worse than the original build on his machine.

But again, many users are doing fine in the newest Resolve.

No colorist I know updates to a new version of Resolve until they've tested it on a secondary machine and know that for their media, kit, and workflows it's stable. Solid.

Why you wouldn't do that with any program, I don't know. I've used computers for well over 30 years. Long ago I learned to never ever trust a new build with client work.

It's actually easier to test a new major version in Adobe products than in Resolve. You can have mulitple major versions installed with the Adobe products, you can't with Resolve. And with their heavy database structure going backwards is also a bit of a pain. And you have to uninstall the 'newer' version, reinstall the older and do some work to get back to work.

Or ... with the Adobe apps ... simply install the new version. Keep working in the old while testing the new. When the new is stable, migrate projects into the new version.

I'm staying with Resolve 17.3 for a bit yet personally.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if even just one person said if it was mac or pc, which os, what hardware, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should this matter.  This is such BS.  We go through this crap almost every update cycle.  Please for the love of God Adobe start testing stuff before you release it.  I am in the same boat -- the one that is sinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preach!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it matter? Because the vast majority of users aren't having any issues with 2022. Some are having irritations but able to work ok. Others, like some here clearly, are hammered.

So ... yes, basic troubleshooting 101 means you need to start identifying differences ... what gear/media/workflows/effects are working ok, what ones have problems.

Those of us volunteering our time to help our peers here want to help our peers. Period.

But blind rants without information are perhaps emotionally satisfying but in the end don't move anything forward. And understand, I've posted some epic rants myself. I just didn't do them with any expectation of solving anything.

So yes ... more data about what OS/kit/media/workflows/effects are having troubles gets more data about what is working versus what is broken and more importantly, who it is broken for.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is the reason why people don't want to buy your products. Shameful. Instead of acknowledging the issue and being polite you give an answer that just makes people want to cancel their subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much NONE of us responding are Adobe employees. We're other users like yourself, simply trying to help as volunteers.

And how can anyone answer anything without actual knowledge of the issue at hand? Which is almost always connected with the OS, the hardware, and the media/effects in use. So yes, requesting that information is a necessary part of troubleshooting 101.

Another very frequent thing is that to a user, it seems like what is affecting their project is the same as the post they're replying to ... and that may be the case. But it can also be the case that the issue they are having has a very different cause.

So ... yes, for troubleshooting anything, questions are necessary.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This post is becoming a catch-all for any v.22 performance issues. Since the OP has a solution, I'm locking this post. If you are having similar problems, please create a new post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines