• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Graphics PROBLEM and Premiere Pro 2022 keep crashing.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated my Premiere Pro to 2022, and it's just ridiculous. I can't even work as it keep crashing. Motion Graphics stuck at 15%, then I have to force quit the program. Then Motion Graphics media always pending. I want to downgrade but how? The new update just sucks.  

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg, same. SMH. I have a project that has to be done by Friday. Guess I'm going figure out how to get my AE files to be usable in Final Cut Pro. Sucks because I'm not proficient in it. I've tried everything I can think of in Premiere to make work. Please, Adobe, we love you but you could potentially cost some of us some jobs. Make sure it works first. Think I'll make sure my auto updates are turned off for next go round. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same project, tried Adobe support and they have no idea how to fix it. More so the person trying to help had very little knowledge of tje program. It os so frustrating, Ive had no sleep for the past 5 days dealing with nthis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but only with certain motion graphics that are bigger (1.5 Mb and 16 MB, the rest are like 100-800 KB). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having to downgrade to 2021. I'm on macOS 11.6.1 on an iMac 27" with 64GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've noticed when you click "link media" it gives the wrong base file path, and selecting a new one to link gives the spinning ball of death. Definitely an Adobe error, and not user created.  

Adobe 2022 on M1 Max. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, this has totally crashed my work flow and I am having to downgrade to simply have my MOGRTs and other files load at all. 

Some MOGRTs are fine, while others only load to 15%.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my issue too. Mogrts crash my premiere now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this update is absolute GARBAGE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me! I require this software on a day-to-day basis for my job and I can't even complete anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Adobe we have hard deadlines and no time for this!

I finally exported anything I could to mov. files and re-exported all mogrts from AE 2022. Still having some problems but at least I can edit without it crashing every few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with someone at Adobe and they stood on the phone with me for well over an hour to help with the crashing issues. I'm having the same as the majority here and it's been super frustrating. They advised me to render all of the AE graphics into .mov and import them into PP. It's been working but none of my transitions work at all with the upgraded system, which I don't think I can solve in a short timeframe. If anyone has any suggestions for PP 2022 compatible transitions, please LMK! TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching multi-frame rendering off didn't help my dynamic link stalling issue. I found that if I have the linked AE project open, the link works. However this reached its limitations when I needed to import a comp from different AE project. They really need to fix this issue as it has cost me hours. While I'm at it, could they also please allow plug-ins to be transfered from the previous version. I am getting tired of re-installing and transfering all of my third-party plug-ins every time Adobe updates to a new version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fielefenio,

Sorry about that. Please update to After Effects 22.0.1 to assist any dynamic link compositions and mogrts. That should help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are an absolute disgrace. If I had my way I would remove all of their crappy, overpriced garbage. Unfortunately some of the production firms I work for are tied in to this piece of shite Premiere Pro.

PRO, ha, that's a laugh.

This 2022 update is a complete piece of crap, possibly the worst yet, and that's saying something.

Get better devs, employ more testers, stop using imprisoned freelancers as your beta testers you absolute thieving charlatans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You apparently are totally unaware of the public beta program they've been using for the last year. I would suggest that with your knowledge, experience, and wisdom in video post that you should go to your CC Desktop app, the public beta tab, and download and install the beta.

And then offer your advice and experience in the public beta forum. Where the engineers and devs do hang out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA! You are hilarious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply practically helpful.

I use both the Adobe apps and Resolve daily. And I'm a contributing author over at MixingLight, the large  pro colorists teaching site and community. I use Resolve, and my main cam is a BMPCC4K. I've got enough BM gear I've got a drawer of unused licenses.

These apps are all fancy hammers. Wasting time with emotions on them is absurd. They're tools. Use what works for you.

And yes, there are bugs and at times poor choices, as with all of these apps. The recent major release of Resolve 17.4 was exactly like the release of 2022 PrPro. Some new features, some drastically changed default behaviors. And ... some bugs.

So most users were working away happily. Some with annoying issues but they could implement workarounds. And some could not work at all in 17.4. And when they did put out the first patch some time later, noted colorist Mark Todd Osborne posted on the BM forum that the patch was worse than 17.4 'orginal'.

When you are trying to make a totally encompassing tool like these apps, used with tons of different media and workflows across all kinds of gear, there are going to be things not caught before release. They can not possible guarantee otherwise.

So ... as a user ... it is never wise to simply jump to a new build. Especially a major release. But with the Adobe suite, you can install new major versions and test them on your own kit until they work before moving your client workload forward. You can't do that on Resolve.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man. I thought this was my computer.  I spent the last week cleaning it up and dumping everything out of it. 
And of course it didn't help.  
this might just push me to leave adobe.  
thisbis complete crap.  
I have been rendering a 45 second clip on my time line right now for 3.5 hours just so that I can view it and add motion graphics.  
a complete waste of my day.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving us some details of the mogrts you're working with, the media in general and other effects used, and the hardware involved ... and several users around here might be able to give you some serious assistance.

A lot of 'best practices' or practical advice are simply not intuitive let alone not obvious. Sometimes "we" users here can't fix somebody's pain point. But a lot of times we can.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are we actually paying for @adobe

Your subscriptions should come with monthly packages of paracetamol because of all the headaches the software causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thoroughly disgusted with continuing crashes of premiere. Gave up trying to create graphics in the program, but even importing text from photoshop causes it to crash multiple times.

why do we pay so much for such mediocrity? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's a right pain, agreed. But I can't replicate, and without more information, I don't even know what to try to be able to replicate.

And rants are fine ... I've certainly posted my share here! ... but rants don't get the work out the door. If we can fix this, maybe we can.

So ... if you would post full details on your system, media, effects used when it crashes ... maybe we can get this sorted.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system specs:

0AD869C9-428B-4CB9-BEE2-F5B6501D7B8A.jpeg

 I add just one Mogrt file and my systems can handle it. I would like some help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really a minimal post Pink. Your picture does not tell the story, other than you purchased your system from a reputable company. It's just about postage stamp size BTW.

Let us know what you are doing and what is happening and when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on Premiere Pro, with nothing else on my timeline I add the MOGRT file and it tries to render then it crashes premiere pro. I tried multiple MOGRT files and it does the same thing. I'm attaching the MOGRT file. 

The files are too big, sharing a link with the file https://we.tl/t-ipgCUDDqdy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines