• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Cursor Icon won't change accordingly to Tool set.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey forum,

Searched high and low for a solution for this - seems like Mac people had this problem but nothing in stone fixed.

After using Premiere for a few minutes the mouse cursor will "stick" to a cursor.
For example between switching the Arrow, Razor and Move tools the mouse cursor won't change.
Image below shows what I mean, since it should be showing the razor instead of the default mouse icon.

One thing that instantly fixes it for a minute is switching between workspaces - though it comes back very shortly.
It's not a program crashing bug, but extremely infuriating since I keep messing up edits since I don't know what tool I'm using.

What I've tried:
-Resetting cache and prefs while booting Premiere.
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling using the Adobe Uninstaller tool
-Create new workspaces
-Create new keyboard preferences
-Disable Import Workspaces

Using:
-Windows 10 64 Bit
-Premiere Pro CC 12.1 Kentos

All the best.

Example Pic:
PPCCEexample.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Update 2:

Found 2 temporary fixes.

1) Disconnect one of my extra monitors. This is counter intuitive though since I use it for editing.
2) Right clicking on the timeline (only with the newest up date) fixes the cursor temporarily.

I assume it's some sort of display issue, updated all display drivers and etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system the cursor does not change to reflect the tool selection until you are hovering above a clip on the timeline.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add above, mine does not change at all. Including the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping that the problem still persists, even after updating to CC 13.00 and a complete clean wipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EdK,

Try updating once more. Still doesn't work? Can you file a bug? Premiere Pro: Hot (3092 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Updated to the patch that just rolled out when you replied, whatever it was it worked!

Thank you greatly, it was driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update,

Right after my post above the problem came back.
The odd thing is that it was fine for an entire 24 hours, though I had to reset my password (I forgot) to reply to you.
Once that happened I'm back to the original problem. Other than that all settings and such were the same.

Tried re-installing again and didn't work. I'll be filing a bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2:

Found 2 temporary fixes.

1) Disconnect one of my extra monitors. This is counter intuitive though since I use it for editing.
2) Right clicking on the timeline (only with the newest up date) fixes the cursor temporarily.

I assume it's some sort of display issue, updated all display drivers and etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had the same issue and Right-clicking on the timeline seems to have worked! (knock on wood!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 3:

3rd update rolled out aobut a week later after my last update.
So far it mostly fixed it!
In the past week this problem happened 3 times total instead of the 500 times it did before.

Overall it's basically fixed, but not completely. Enough where I'm happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put your cursor to the timeline and press v, it'll put your default cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a bug in 2021. Unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely unacceptable! so many bugs and this one is the worst. It makes it almost impossible to know where to place your tool for fine tuning. It also puts multiple little icons in my dock for each file I have open. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have this issue. V22.0.0 compilation 169. Nov 24 2021

So many other issues in all Adobe suit, specially with video hardware. All these problems make me to see other apps like DaVinci Resolve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Dave. You can upvote this bug report: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/36321124-mouse-disappearing

I hope the team can address this soon. Please add full system details if you can to the bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started also getting this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a bug. Don't understand what I'm paying for here. The one software I've bought from Adobe and it's riddled with these irritating bugs. 

I've tried everything in this thread and while some work for a span of 5 minutes, I always end up having to close my project or sequence and start again. 

Does adobe care that its customer base earns by the hour and doesn't have time for this pointless back and forth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One potential workaround:

I just realised my issue kept happening while other software were open. If premiere is the only thing running on your PC then it might not zone out and disable the cursor. This seems to have nerfed the issue at my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug in 2022. I only use Premiere becuase it's what I know. Just switched over to Mac in hopes it would be less buggy, but after finding this one on my first project working on my new mac looks like I'll be switching to Final Cut Pro. Premiere really is the worst, it's a shame, it's fairly easy to work with but not with all these bugs. I'm out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. All newest updates are done. The cursor icon is the same when changing the tool, is there anthing that can fix this annoying issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me on a daily basis now, and I've only found one temp fix. It happens on a PC I am connecting to remotely. I have two different methods of connecting. When the issue occurs and suddenly I can't see tool icons, I have to switch to the other remote connection software. Suddenly everything is fine, even if I then switch back to the original connection. Until it decides to happen again. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the remote software not refreshing the mouse cursor expected.  What is the remote software being used? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splashtop is what I'm using most of the time. When the problem occurs, I switch to VMWare, and it is magically fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still an issue two years later... @adobe many of us are just about ready to search for other software providers, the ridiculous bugs are everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines