• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving clip to another track

Engaged ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to move a clip to a different track.

Until recently, if I dragged a clip up the Video moved up and the Audio moved down. But lately, that is not happening, even with Modifier keys.

What's changed?
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Not sure when it changed but I don't think that behavior has been around for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Maybe you are thinking of when you add a clip, that's the preferred behavior, I don't know why adobe doesn't do it that way when moving a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just doing one, I'm not sure if it's changed, but when I drag the clip the video moves to the track I want and the audio stays on the track it is, then I can hold ctrl-shift and move the audio down by dragging down to it, putting it below the other audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure when it changed but I don't think that behavior has been around for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be just Shift to move corresponding audio or video to a different track.

A few versions ago, Adobe changed the behavior to Ctrl+Shift.

If new track is say 5.1 and audio is stereo it wont drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried ctrl/Shift-drag but nothing moved. 

I'm getting mixed responses, but I think the correct one is; that option has been removed apparently quite recently because I've been able to do it in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried ctrl/Shift-drag but nothing moved. 

By @mikecox_

You drag the video to the desired track, while holding down the mouse select ctrl+shift and drag the audio to the desired track.

Or first the audio and the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Command+Shift on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear to have been changed but, not so long ago.  It used to work for me, and fairly recently, with no modifiers; as I recall.  If I dragged a clip on V1 to V2, A1 automatically went to A2.

I thought maybe it had something to do with track selection but even when both 1 and 2 are both selected it doesn't work.

It's very odd because I distinctly remember it working, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CC 2017 install, I just checked and it works the same way, so not sure about the 'hasn't been around for a long-time'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you are thinking of when you add a clip, that's the preferred behavior, I don't know why adobe doesn't do it that way when moving a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! That's when it happens! That's where it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA! I think you might be right on this. I just found an old computer with CS6 and it didn't work on that version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines