Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP3 importing issues

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project but I am having issues importing a mp3 file in my timeline. I don't know for what reason my file is 29 seconds but when I drag it inside the project I actually miss at least 2 seconds which cut the sentence  and make my audio useless. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or why is this happening?

thanks everyone for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

As Vidya suggested....convert to wav in audition. open the mp3 in audition, select 'save as', choose wav format, make it something like what you see below … if it is a stereo file … if mono you can choose that too.

is fast and easy and is best sound file to use in all your editing ( either wav or broadcast wav is best for editing ).

If you have other sound files ( like from smart phones, etc. ) you can do the same thing...convert to wav.

SAVE-AS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’re so sorry to hear about the import issue, ibracadabra224. MP3 is a highly compressed file format and can give issues. 

Convert the file into WAV, import it and check if the issue persists.

What is the source of the MP3 file? Please check if it is happening with all MP3 files.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Vidya suggested....convert to wav in audition. open the mp3 in audition, select 'save as', choose wav format, make it something like what you see below … if it is a stereo file … if mono you can choose that too.

is fast and easy and is best sound file to use in all your editing ( either wav or broadcast wav is best for editing ).

If you have other sound files ( like from smart phones, etc. ) you can do the same thing...convert to wav.

SAVE-AS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I use CS6 so menu might look slightly different than what you use, but the gist is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rodney,

problem solved using audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good going !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidaya,

thanks so much for your help. as you suggested I converted the file in wav and now it is working properly. I had this problem with only one mp3 recorded from an I-phone but the other mp3s were ok. thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines