• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mp4 file size

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing an "in progress" project, containing mostly still's with animation and a handful of video. It lasts 51 minutes. Format H264;  HD 1080p 29.97fps. It came out 8.4 Gig, which my coworker claims can't be correct for an mp4, "can't be that large." (the Estimated file size is 11602 MB).

Does that size seem reasonable? Is there a setting i should use to make it smaller so i can send it to him for review?

kdoc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

11602MB is 11GB

If it's nearly an hour long and is in HD then yeah, 8GB sounds normal to me.

What settings are you using exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11602MB is 11GB

If it's nearly an hour long and is in HD then yeah, 8GB sounds normal to me.

What settings are you using exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Format H264;  HD 1920 x 1080p 29.97fps (1.0), Progressie VBR, 1 Pass,  Target 32.00 Mbps, Max 40 , AAC 192, 48khz , Frame Sampling Time Interpolation.

I would appreciate comments on choice of settings: This will be projected, so I don't believe a higher res will show up on the usually projectors--is that right.? The original still images are high res and lovely images--i want to keep that quality. The video is as above. Comments (I'm shooting with a Sony A6300) still camera.

Any thoughts you might have to produce optimal projections will be welcome: shooting higher res?, different settings? etc.

Thanks very much

kdoc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Edit Review ...Target 12/ Max 16 and you will end up with a smaller file size and more convenience of delivery.

Use the high rates for Mastering and Display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again thanks: I'll make those Target/Max changes. Putting the size question aside for a moment, are you folks otherwise happy, from the quality/IQ question--given the plan to probably be projecting it onto a screen from a computer, iPad or conceivably Blu-Ray [lower res yet], that I'm using MP4 and these settings?

kdoc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MP4 with high data rates is fine for projection using a device with hi speed data output eg Fast Hard Drives or SSDs.

Not sure if IPads are up to that ...some one will advise.

Simple thing is ...create the file and TEST 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines