• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mp4 Files that worked in 2015 don't work in 2017

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated today from Premiere Pro 2015 to 2017 and I am getting errors on existing projects that it can't read various Mp4 files.  I had no problem with these files yesterday when I was working in 2015.  I also tried creating a new project and it still has a problem with these files.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  I am going to revert back to 2015 for now as I need it to work and 2017 is no good to me like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RyanW,

Please clear the Media cache & import the MP4 file again.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not resolve the issue.  It still won't read selected Mp4 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RyanW,

Just for test, Copy the Mp4 file to a new location(to desktop) & try importing into Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.

I copied the file to my desktop and tried to bring it into a new project.  Premiere Pro generated the following two errors:

"A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Imported:37)"

"A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterQuickTime (Imported:37)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions on how to address this?  Or possibly a "yes, this is a problem and we are working on a fix"?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with Premiere Pro CS6. I have tried all the above, and iTunes music files still wont import. I've also tried changing from "m4p" to "m4a". They will import under the "m4a" code but then no sound will play during playback. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

See if this post assists you: "A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:37)

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at that link and have a few questions/observations:

1) The solution reads "renamed an adobe user folder from "Common" to "Common1". It forced premiere to rebuild then in and peak files".  Where do I find these adobe user folders and I just rename any of them?  I am not really sure what user folders they are referencing.

2) The description of the problem on that link is not the same problem I am having.  I will try it but I don't think it will resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RyanW,

You can contact support for assistance. Here is how to contact them.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines