• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mp4, mp3, WAV files can't import at all (We were unable to open the file on disk)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAV files aren't showing up on the importer browser, as if it's an unsupported file.

mp4 files only show this error when trying to import:

I have no idea what is happening. looking through the forums, none of it actually relates to my issue since this occurs with an mp4 file that is downloaded from YouTube. And also an MP4 file that was rendered out of after effects, and out of premiere. None of them worked.

Also I've tried moving the file to a different disk, both external and internal. Nope

There was a mentioned problem with WMVCore but I have reinstalled all of Premiere, and installed WMVCore twice without that changing the ultimate result. Windows was installed first on this device last thursday, and premiere was last installed today.

Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Sorry if I missed this. m0sifer, I don't think we actually know what version of windows you have. The "latest" can mean multiple things.

Like this: Settings -> System -> About. Scroll down to Windows Specifications. Don't include the serial number.

And thanks for responding to all the requests you've gotten here!

Window Version without serial number.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

basically it means there's no way I know of to download Windows Media Player.

It either says I have it or that my system is an illegitimate copy.

but i don't have it

and it's a legit copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! That info will help everyone help you.

I sorta suggested you ignore that window update mssg, and do it manually, but it looks like that is not a big deal at this point. Looking at your tree view I'm reminded of codec packs that got installed by users ( like FFMPEG) that could be problematic. But I don't know current technology like most of the people here who can help you.

It looks like front left and front right ( 2 channels ) audio is sorta like dolby thing ?

mp41-a and so on looks weird to me, but like I said, others will know more.

Good luck ! And thanks for sharing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after you try what juanmario suggests, please let us know what happened.

It sounds to me like maybe windows 10 is not quite working properly re: media player.

In past I recommended you type 'update" in search bar of task manager, and click on windows update and force it to check manually by IGNORING it if you see it is up to date.  This is what I meant....

If you have never done this before manually you may want more instructions cause it can be quirky and it could literally take HOURS for it to complete ( including YOU having to restart computer when prompted). Do not use ANY programs ( close all ) while doing this.  When updates are done they disappear from list you may see.

If you manually force it to check for updates and there are NONE then you are up to date on updates.

update.jpg

Let us know what happens

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have this on your system ???

If so, open the exe file, see what happens.

mediaplayer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One final note:

If you have WMP and it won't open normally, try right clicking file name and 'run as administrator'....see if that works.

run-as.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I know what you meant about the whole update thing. And I did that. And I was showing you that I was up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

WIN10-N.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lool. Wow why does that even exist.

I got the key from my dad who didn't know. Neither did I which is super weird that it's even a thing.

I'll go looking for one that doesnt' have the N and see if that helps it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck. I had no idea that existed either … pretty screwed up in my opinion.

I learned a lot, so thank you.

I never knew mp41 existed, nor did I ever see a sound channel with LF and LR on it before.  I'm old so you have to forgive me.

But your mp4 video looks really nice. Keep doing stuff and I'm sure you'll be happy doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoops.. I meant Front left and Front right (sound)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you give Stan the credit for 'correct answer' if you find a different version of win 10 solves your problem.

He's the one who asked you to post that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's my first full on complete joke video that I made. Was catching up on lazy town and I just saw the joke. Had to make it

As for learning shit. Well I learned to never ever ever ever ever use any version of windows with "N" on the end. because apparently some mad person at microsoft decided they needed a software without a default video player.

which makes less sense because if you're trying to stop video from being viewed. you could just use vlc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I saw some video pack available for people with N version...which installs media player...don't know for sure, but might be worth checking ( google it ) and see if your dad's registration thing allows you to download etc. ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah my dad found the proper version for me and sent it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines