• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MPEG-2 codecs missing from Adobe Media Encoder CS6 installed with Creative Cloud Membership

May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people who have downloaded Adobe Media Encoder with Premiere Pro CS6 as part of a Creative Cloud Membership subscription have a problem in which the MPEG2, MPEG2-DVD, MPEG2-Blu-ray, Dolby Digital, & MXF OP1a codecs are missing.

To fix this issue, install the Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (6.0.1) update. Choose Help > Updates to install the update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thanks for the info about Encore.  Strange way to go about it though, bundling software together like that.  But I'll give it a shot, reinstalling Premeire, when theres nothing vital on my plate.  Its just odd that all 4 of our editing workstation all have the exact same issue.  That's not cooincidence OR something on our network is blocking whereever those mpeg codecs are coming from during the install.  Our IT guys have everythign locked down a little too tight.

So just to be sure, Encore can not be updated, installed or uninstalled by intself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any resolution to the missing Mpeg-2 codecs in AME? I too am experiencing the same issue. Mpeg-2 is available in Premiere but not AME even though there's a preset for it, there are no expandable options, and it's can't be applied to anything in the render queue.

If I try to export a sequence from Premiere to AME using Mpeg-2, AME will replace the video codec with something else. It's very odd.

Uninstall, reninstall, deactivate, reactivate does nothing. Using the cleaning tool does nothing. Quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm investigating the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will stand corrected - I checked the version I was running and I hadn't updated. Once I did, Mpeg-2 is available and working in AME. Life is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bhorv67,

Are you using a PC or Mac and what version of AME do you have? And are you using the creative cloud membership?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC/Win 7. After I updated CS6, I now have AME 6.0.3.1. Mpeg-2 is available and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bhorv67 wrote:

I'm on a PC/Win 7. After I updated CS6, I now have AME 6.0.3.1. Mpeg-2 is available and working.

Good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats! any chance you could put up a screenshot of what the working AME preset column looks like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same version, no Mpeg2 =(

no mpeg2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got MPEG2 to show up, and I successfully did so on 2 different installs, one HP laptop and one Dell desktop!   Here's how I did it.

1. Uninstalled everything Adobe.

2. Reboot.

3. Ran Adobe's cleaner tool.

4. Reboot.

5. Installed creative cloud and Premiere (along with Media Encoder)

6. Open Premiere, and DEACTIVATE the program (under the help tab), then close it.

7. Re-open premiere, it will prompt you to register by inputting/verifying your Creative Cloud info.

8. Close Premiere, and open Media Encoder.  You should see MPEG2 options.

Note:  I was able to see MPEG2 immediately, in version 6.0, before updating to the current 6.0.3.  After applying the latest patches, I still see MPEG2. 

I hope this helps someone!  The key for me was deactivating premiere immediately after install, then re-opening and reactivating. 

Good Luck Everyone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, so in order for a basic feature to maybe show up, we have to close up shop for a day and hope a fresh install works?  When it doesn't, does Adobe reimberse us for the lost time=)  Not looking forward to this.

Although it would make sense.  All our PCs that have the problem had Production Premium installed and the Macs that were OK, were all fresh out of the box.  Honestly, for the amount of times we even need to queue up an mpeg2 file now a days, its hard to even justify the effort in stripping down 4 workstations.  Our upgrade path for new boxes is less than a year away.  I'll take the risk and not bother with the agrivation and figure it will all install just fine on the new PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try just the Deactivate --> Reboot --> Activate dance and skip the uninstall/reinstall.  It's worked for a lot of users.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried that myself, however simply de-activating and re-activating did not work for me.... perhaps because I was already updated and using version 6.0.3? 

I have a feeling that you must deactivate before upgrading to 6.0.1 or 6.0.3...  Regardless, good luck everyone.  Happy Encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TheBitmap,

your solution worked perfectly! Watching the expand icon apparate next to the MPEG2 preset in AME was somewhat thrilling

Jeff Bellune,

I concur that deactivating and re-activating do not work since I am also updated to the current version (6.0.3). I guess the solution was deactivating and activating while at 6.0.1 before updating

Greg Barber,

You might want to update the http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/features-presets-missing-premie re-pro.html fix to match this solution...

Thanks for the help everyone! (Except for the guy saying the only fix was buying some $1000 software)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bhorv67,

Are you using a Creative Cloud subscription?  Or install from disc/purchase single install liscense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud sub.  4  PCs, no mpeg2.  The 1sub on the Mac where we installed AfterEffects has it.  Strange?  Yup.  Annoying?  Beyond comprehension=)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud. This is strange I will have to say. I originally installed from the Cloud installer, did the update (this was a few months ago) and no Mpeg-2 in AME. Did a complete uninstall, deactivate and used the cleaner tool. Then installed again from Creative Cloud, did the updates and then Mpeg-2 appeared in AME. Perhaps the update was changed since I had the issue months ago and it was resolved since.

Just glad it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bhorv67,

Can you please post a screenshot of the working AME with the MPEG2 preset expanded? that might give us a clue as to what wrong with ours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a pic from AMEAME Pic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Devap[CCTV] wrote:

Congrats! any chance you could put up a screenshot of what the working AME preset column looks like?

If you are still having problems, would you call our Support line so we can do some troubleshooting done on this.  All of the usual solutions do not seem to work for you and we haven't seen enough cases to know how to fix this.  Talking on the phone can be a much faster way of resolving issues like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The another suite of software i metioned here some posts ago, is ROVI TOTALCODE from MainConcept. It resolves all problems regarding MPEG2 ( inport, export, queue, and expands the benefits of CUDA on nvidia video boards. The full version with audio enhancements add full support to 5.1 audio

We agreed to bougth this suite because most of our material is in MPEG2, and our main delivery  is in DVD or BluRay.

The real truth, it is OUR OPINION HERE, is that in the end, we have to use the good and well known and  optimally stable  MPEG2 in our BluRay and DVDs. Out there exists a myriad of codecs, but MPEG2 is the best and most compatible among  the equipment from people and businesses. That at least here in Brazil.
I repeat, it is OUR OPINION HERE. The way we thougt about this issue: We think that Adobe and Main Concept should have some trade agreement. Adobe will never accept to say this openly, so they they comtinue sending us to web links on order to us maintain proving that our software are original, and still tells us to be buying a number of licenses, made us to update continously,  but that really does not  get MPEG2 fully function.

since there is no alternative, the CS6 DOES NOT SUPPORT MPEG2, THIS IS  A FACT, since that against facts there isn´t arguments we agreed , in the purchase of such Rovi Totalcode in its full version, with full support for 5.1, all codecs for all kind of delivers and etc. This represented an expenditure of more than $ 1,000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious where this leaves us all.  It can't just be a couple of people and what's so hard about just a little manual patch that forces those codecs to be installed.  Or simply dragging a few files into the right folder.  The codecs have to all be contained somewhere.  Why not let us overwrite the offending files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to resolve this issue?  Uninstalling, running cleaner tools, re-installing did not solve anything.  Tried on 5 different installations, still no MPEG2.  Does anyone actually have MPEG2 export options in Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (via creative cloud subscription)?  

Just to clarify, Premiere CS6 allows me to export to MPEG2 format... Media encoder does not.  Please advise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't bothered wiping all 4 of our PCs that have CS6 installed because it just doesn't make sense that the exact same issue would happen on all the machines, installed at different times.  Besides, I haven't heard anyone confirm that it does anything anyway, even if its a reccomended fix. Iit just makes no sense.

Can anyone confirm that a firewall issue could be preventing those particular codecs from installing?  Any way to confirm if those particular files might be coming from a location different from the rest that might be getting flagged?  Can't the codecs be isolated and installed as a separate patch?  Is it as simple as just placing the approriate files in the right folder like how plugins are essentially installed in AfterEffects abd PPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

This thread started in May 2012. *Twelve* Are you guys honestly going to take a WHOLE YEAR just to enable MPEG2 presets in AME?

You already enabled it in PPRO. I guess you are halfway there? It is a huge time suck not being able to batch encode...

And the firewall issue does not seem to be the problem because installing directly from a CD did not solve it. (I have a personal copy for my own work at home outside from the creative cloud subscription I use at work st

Now would be the perfect time for a staff member to say: Hey everyone! we finally added a patch and re-enabled MPEG2 presets in AME just like in PPRO!!! Just kidding April Fools! Try reinstalling again ;D

-Devap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines