Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam Editing in Premiere CC Issue

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded th trial version in Premiere CC and try to edit a multicam project edit about 30 min of footage saved it and close Premiere CC after reopen each cut made on timeline start with the begining of video so like i had 3 cameras and all of them start recording on diferent time i got like black image all over and sometime when i had switched to the camer x what start recording 1st is showing the image

........ any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

The fix for this bug has been cleared. It will be in a patch that’s nearly ready for release. I’m not at liberty to talk about when exactly the patch will go live, but it will not be until after we return from the company-wide shutdown this week. This fix not only produces correct multicam sequences but also redeems those corrupted by the bug.

I traced the issue back to the exact build when it was introduced, which dated to just weeks before the end of the cycle. It was not discovered until liter

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 225 Replies 225
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I do appreciate your response. 

I did just finish a call to customer service.  The woman on the phone had an extremely strong accent.  She had a good deal of difficultly understanding me, as I did her.  It was a challenge to communicate.  She was unaware with any issue with Premiere CC, but in short, said there was no possibility of extending the trial.

I find it hard to commit to a product subscription with a cancellation penalty in a situation like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joseph,

I apologize you had difficulty in communicating with our staff. I'll contact you via PM. I'll see what I can do from my end.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, my multi-cam sequence was not fixed by the update. All AVCHD footage shot on Panasonic GH2's and GH3's. I hope that new multi-cam sequences do not suffer from the same problem. Can anyone confirm that new multi-cam sequences are working ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official adobe device is to use premiere cs6. But if you are a cc subscriber has does one obtain this? It does not appear to be available but should be free if it is the only way to do someone that I have paid for!

The fact I have almost finished my project and only just discovered a key feature is faulty is not great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a CC subscriber you should have access to all of the CS6 apps.  You obtain them in the same way you obtain CC products.  If you normally download your CC apps from the Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager, then you'll need to scroll past all of the CC offerings to the bottom where older products (CS6) appear.  If this is not the case for you, please contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I’m sprinting into the past with CS6. Do I get a discount on my monthly subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jason-hare wrote:

The official adobe device is to use premiere cs6. But if you are a cc subscriber has does one obtain this? It does not appear to be available but should be free if it is the only way to do someone that I have paid for!

Did you mean advice? If so that's no longer the case. There was an update issued in early July which fixed the multicam issue. You can edit your multicam sequence safely with Premiere Pro CC when you have updated it to 7.01.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that multicam now works just fine on Premiere CC, and some projects were restored by the update.  Some were not, and it all had to do with how much/what you did to try and fix the sequences for yourself before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now seem to have lost my ability to use 1, 2, 3, 4 etc for camera angles in CC's Multicam when using the program window - anyone know why ? I can do it by selecting the camera with the mouse, but i'm quicker to cut to a shot when it's at my fingertips.

Also, i can't seem to get my 2nd monitor to output fullscreen video anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry the bugs will be fixed when the majority of the 12 months contracts will be renewed. That's ADOBE for real. Remember they left a lot of UNFIXED issues in CS6!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi srukweza,

srukweza wrote:

Remember they left a lot of UNFIXED issues in CS6!!

We have committed to bug fixes for Premiere Pro CS6, notably, the AVCHD spanning bug.

Al Mooney said, "Our commitment to customers includes those who haven’t yet subscribed to Creative Cloud or who rely on CS6, and we plan to release an update to Premiere Pro CS6 in the coming weeks that will address an AVCHD clip spanning issue."

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/07/ppro-cc-july-2013-update.html

Feel free to submit additional bug reports, if you have issues you want fixed in Premiere Pro CS6: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Hope this info helps.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

PaulSeidel wrote:

I now seem to have lost my ability to use 1, 2, 3, 4 etc for camera angles in CC's Multicam when using the program window - anyone know why ? I can do it by selecting the camera with the mouse, but i'm quicker to cut to a shot when it's at my fingertips.

Also, i can't seem to get my 2nd monitor to output fullscreen video anymore...

Sorry you're having trouble. I would look at your keyboard shortcuts dialog box and make sure that you have the correct set working. If you do have keyboard shortcuts that are not functioning, I would try deleting your preferences file first. Hopefully, this will also solve your 2nd monitor issue.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Thanks - I found it had mapped them to Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, etc - which it never was before ! All fixed ! Now I just need my full screen playback back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Yes, the default for "Cut To" cameras is Ctrl+1, etc. as you found. Pressing the numbers only selects the angle.

Have you tried deleting your preferences file for the other issue?

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, where do I find it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset via Shift/Alt on the Mac but no joy - the 2nd screen just doesn't playback anything, it stays as Mac.

Re: Multicam Editing in Premiere CC Issue

created by Kevin Monahan in Premiere Pro - View the full discussion

Hi Paul,

Yes, the default for "Cut To" cameras is Ctrl+1, etc. as you found. Pressing the numbers only selects the angle.

Have you tried deleting your preferences file for the other issue?

Cheers,

Kevin

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5532604#5532604

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Pro by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of people subscribed to this thread, which is about an issue separate from the one you're pursuing help for here. Maybe you should use google and/or open a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh, I understand - i've already done a post but no replies, and nothing on Google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Josh is spot on there – this is about bugs in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood - and it's not a MC bug with the external playback.   Happy for someone to delete the posts if it intrudes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very much surprised to see that most people here have not taken any action against Adobe after being signed to a contract of a product that has not been fully developed.In this case, subscribers should start to take action against this corporate for contracting them to a half functional product. In my sight some empleyees have plainly admitted that there is an incomplete code in this software and the issue was actually observed but Adobe just proceeded to sign up their clients to achieve the targets assumed by the CEO on launch without addressing these issues. Therefore the end user is now experiencing multiple work arounds in a product they are contracted to pay monthly.

In legal terms any contract that has been not been fulfilled in both directions can be terminated. So guys if you wish to revert to CS6 please do not hesitate to show Adobe the legal pathway if they  are not pretty aware of it. We still languishiing with CS6 which is full of bugs which have been promised to be addressed hence a new version is already in place and there is no date when those issues will be rectified.

The only issue which will be rectified in CS6 is the AVCHD spanned clips. The tick time error when opening a project composed of nested sequences and warp stabilisers have not been promised and Adobe Encore has not been literally singled out when highlighting the updating of CS6 suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

I am very much surprised to see that most people here have not taken any action against Adobe...

In legal terms any contract...

The only issue which will be rectified in CS6...

Hi srukweza,

I'm sorry that you're upset about some of the problems with Premiere Pro CS6. We have committed to bug fixes for CS6, though. If there are some bugs you'd like to draw our attention to, please feel free to create a bug report: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey srukweza, we intend to bring the fix for TickTime errors with the warp stabilizer on nested sequences back to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not sort CC out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines