• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam is broken

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 23.4 working with multicam is a total mess.

On versions 23.4-23.6 program monitor switches to one cam view if you pressed "extend edit". You have to turn multicam view off and on to continue working.

On version 2024 it just won't start playback and hangs program monitor at some point until I reload Premiere.

windows 11

i9-13900

64Gb ram

Asus Z790 Creator

MSI RTX 4080 16Gb

BMD Ultrastudio 4K mini

all drivers are up to date

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Hi Jack, so far I am not able to reproduce.  I see in your config you are using BMD.  I am assuming you  have transmit enabled.  Can you please verify in your playback prefs that video and audio are set to BMD, and then in your audio hardware prefs that anything other than BMD is selected for audio in and out?  Or turn off transmit completley and verify if the issue still occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jack,

Sorry for the poor experience. I'm moving this thread to the Discussions section to collect more information. Do you see this issue with all types of source files or only specific ones? Is the issue persistent with newly created projects as well? If you could share a link to a screen recording, we can get a better understanding of the issue.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan!

I'm working with UHD 25fps Sony A7SIII files, with proxies generated by camera 720p 6Mbit in UHD sequences. Same happens regardless of resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is persistent with new projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack, so far I am not able to reproduce.  I see in your config you are using BMD.  I am assuming you  have transmit enabled.  Can you please verify in your playback prefs that video and audio are set to BMD, and then in your audio hardware prefs that anything other than BMD is selected for audio in and out?  Or turn off transmit completley and verify if the issue still occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd, yes it seems that the problem is tied to BMD. If I turn transmit off it becomes stable. With transit enabled it is more stable in ASIO mode than in MME. And it seems it is not tied to audio hardware because my previous pc had same problems but then I had Presonus AudioBox iTwo and problems where the same no versions 23.4-23.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that weird hang problem with V24 on one of my desktops, but the Beta version is working fine for me. Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but Multicam has been a total disaster for me too.  I had a sequence that was all in Multicam and then suddenly I lost access to all of my other angles (as if I had committed to the choices I already made).  All my work, basically out the window, because I would have to reconstruct the entire edit again - my ability to cut to a different camera angles is totally lost.  

Also: why do I have to keep adding the multicam button to the Program Window EVERY SINGLE TIME.  One of the only buttons I use... ALL THE OTHERS remain there, except for the one I use the most.  So broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having issues with multi cam ... using latest premeiere pro and Mac M1 chip with 16 GB ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines