• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple layers causing flickering??

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have been editing with adobe premiere since 2004. Never had a problem like this but for the past 3 weeks when ive had multiple images on the screen at once they start to flicker in and out. At first i was fading from one picture to another and only during the dissolve would it flicker, so i just dipped them to black and avoided the issue. Now im green screening and having a background color and the talent green screened, they flicker in and out the whole time. I have downloaded the newest premiere CC and the problem continued for the last two versions. Anyone else having this problem or know whats causing it? 11 years without this issue and now its driving me nuts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by updating or rolling back the video driver.

If that doesn't fix it, I would reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any tutorial how to do these?  Im technically challenged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video driver: Go to the video card manufacturer's website.  It will usually be under the "Support" section.

Preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You coud try this:

In the menu bar > File > Project Settings > General > Renderer > Software Only

You ideally want this set to GPU, since it provides better performance, but changing to Software might fix your playback issues, at the expense of reduced performance.

Rather than rolling back video drivers as a first step, first make sure that you're running the latest version, and if not, update to that.

Only roll back to an earlier version if you are sure that it is the drivers that are causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi adamb,

Have you tried the recommended steps? Have you resolved the issue? Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines