• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Monitor Crashing video playback.

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no video.PNGvideo in luts.PNG

The Situation:

I've recently upgraded my editing rig to an I9-9900k with 34 gigs of ddr4 Memory and an RTX2080 Graphics Card with a triple monitor setup. At first boot, Premier Pro Did not have a video playback screen in the program monitor or the source, basically anywhere in premier that should have a playback, looked as if the module was missing the viewing area. After several reinstalls of windows/premier and total system whips. Yes reformating hard drives and all, the system still had the same issue.

Workaround:

After several days of updating, reading and looking I found no answer. I happened just to disconnect all of my monitor's one-day thinking OK I have a bad video card or something. I was just going to start replacing components at this time. I rebooted my machine with only one monitor and beheld I have playback.... So I think ok this must have been a bug and now its worked out...Nope! Next reboot with all of my monitors connected no video output. So I thought and disconnected all monitors again and guess what? Yep Video playback is restored.

What Puzzles Me:

1. When one monitor is connected, the system operates perfectly fine.

2. When multiple monitors are connected, I have no Program or source playback, (see image 1 )But there is playback in the luts preview screen and in the render screen(see image 2).

3. If I start the program with only one monitor connected, I can start the program and then connect the other monitors, and it works perfectly fine.

4. If I close premier while no video playback is visible (so basically every time I started the program with multiple monitors connected), I have to force quit the program to get it too clear out of the task menu or wait about 10 minutes.

I'm pulling out the last remaining hairs I have at the moment. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

First, the main UI screen of Pr needs to be on whichever monitor your system considers the 'main' or 1 monitor.

Next ... sometimes when full-screened on multiple monitors, one pixel worth of one screen gets onto the next one and (you can barely see this) ... it all goes belly up. So ... try with 'windows' of Pr on the other monitors that don't quite hit the edge of the screen, see if that works. After that, you can start working with other settings.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the main UI screen of Pr needs to be on whichever monitor your system considers the 'main' or 1 monitor.

Next ... sometimes when full-screened on multiple monitors, one pixel worth of one screen gets onto the next one and (you can barely see this) ... it all goes belly up. So ... try with 'windows' of Pr on the other monitors that don't quite hit the edge of the screen, see if that works. After that, you can start working with other settings.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil. I'm not sure why I had this issue and how I did not figure it out but your suggestion at the moment has solved my issue. All systems are running with several restarts and by opening several projects that were once unmanageable.

You, Sir, deserve a tip of the hat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happy to help. It's so frustrating when things won't work and nothing seems to make sense.

Like ... windows being one pixel too big or to one side. Who would ever think about that? But eliminating it suddenly makes it work. Weird but true.

And monitor scaling ... 125% almost assuredly will cause problems with things like mask controls disappearing. 150% may work fine. No clue.

Just do it, right?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realtek audio drivers may also block second monitor playback, as well as slowing down general performances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100% Success. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines