Exit

Multiple problems in Premiere cc 2017

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is my situation:

I have 4 editing suits all equipped with Premiere cc2017. 3 suits run on the new MacPro and 1 suite on an older machine.

1, when I start a project in one set (macPro) I cannot open it in any other suite with the error " cannot open file..it may be damaged "

Starting a new project and importing this so called "damaged project' won't work either.

My only workaround for now is to open it on a MacBook Pro and save it again...then it suddenly is not damaged anymore....???????

I work on a daily show in 3 suites so this is quite frustrating...

2, I do most of my audio levelling myself so I know for sure my audio engineer is not gonna mess-up my timing...

I've got 16 motorised faders and very used to work like this (for 10 years in Final Cut Pro)...Now in Premiere....(long silence)...it works like, premiere sees my faders and tries to do what I want but it is FAR from workable....

when I try to move a fader (during play) it jumps back to where it was before...and yes...I've got my KEYFRAME RECORDING off so it should lever the entire clip.

I have to stop playout and then move my fader to where I want it to be.

During PLAYOUT and KEYFRAME RECORDING ON (the only way to make a good fade)....it creates a terrible mess with peaks up and down and....just a complete mess! Not workable....

Same thing without motorised faders and just using the faders on screen......WOW...It just Does Not Work!

Please.....FCP could do this the proper way 10 years ago....

3, In audio Clip Mode, I usually turn keyframe recording off so I can do levels of entire clips but minutes later premiere turns Keyframe recording ON for ALL Tracks.

Ik work with more than 18 tracks most of the time and I cannot find a keystroke to turn these all off....I have to click each channel....

4, Working with this many audio channels I mostly use the HAND tool for scrolling in my timeline...

But the handtool in Premiere can ONLY scroll LEFT and RIGHT???? not UP and DOWN????

5, If I have to cut a multi-camera show and I turn ON timecode in my canvas so I can see if all is in sync, in 50% of the time the timecode disappears from screen???

WHY???

6,  Premiere does not allow for opening multiple projects...frustrating but okee...but IMPORTING a sequence from another project can take ages...

Why does it take up to 10 minutes to show me a list with the sequences from another project?

7, So I'm in a situation where I have to lay down some picture's over my video....

Not a very sofisticacated procedure...

When I place my picture in the timeline, scale and move it to the right position....It begins to jump to another place when I hit play....

I move it back to where it needs to be and during play it moves again...so I think 'render' but after render it completely goes nuts on me jumping between the two positions every frame....

You just cannot be serious....!

8, Try copying text in a title.....cc 2017 crashes every time....

Now I've read about this but could not find a answer, And no...the answer is NOT copy the title in my timeline....

I want to copy the TEXT from within the title editor...like I could before cc 2017

This basically sommes-up what I have to deal with...

and by the way....I really like premiere...but there's work to be done....

best regards

Arnaud Heymel

PilotStudio Netherlands

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can just quickly note that problems 1 (Mac specific) and 8 (both) are noted and hopefully a fix will be available soon.

The other issues, hoping someone else here can help with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply and hope for solutions...

Arnaud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue no 5. is also a known bug...  it's been around for six months or so. The workaround is here:

Timecode Overlay disappears in PP 2015.3

Issue no 6 ... I find that the more sequences/complexity in my projects, the slower they are to access through Media Browser (and for that matter, the slower they are to open in Premiere itself). To alleviate this, rather than creating backup / reference / alternate copies of working sequences within my projects, I now use 'File > Export > Selection as Premiere Project' to save individual sequences as individual project files. This dramatically reduces the size and complexity of my working project... and when I need to access backup/reference/alternate sequences, I can open those single sequence projects via Media Browser pretty quickly/responsively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply and helpful information on issue 5...

Arnaud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...If I scroll thru other posts...I see Adobe people replying all over with all sorts of answers...

troubling to see Adobe does not reply to ANY of my problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a few Product Support staffers who do pop in here, but this is primarily a user-to-user forum. When I've asked, very rarely do I get Kevin or Rameez ... normally, it's other users like me.

And the ACP and MVP crowd ... we're all users, not staff. Experienced users though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines