• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muting Multiple or All Tracks

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in a project with a large number of tracks. At time I need to mute 24 tracks and monitor others -- or mute 12, or whatnot. Usually in a contiguous group.  i keep turning them off one by one. Aggravating.  Is there a way to select a group of tracks and mute them -- or Mute all tracks and then individually unmute?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Not that I know of. If you have 24 track and just want to hear track 11 and 16, then Solo those two tracks - all the other tracks will be muted.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drapbaron  wrote

Is there a way to select a group of tracks and mute them -- or Mute all tracks and then individually unmute?

Hold down the Option (Alt) key when clicking on the mute button for a single track.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That is very helpful.  Solves the ALL MUTE question.

Is there a way to select multiple, but not all tracks, and mute/unmute those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. If you have 24 track and just want to hear track 11 and 16, then Solo those two tracks - all the other tracks will be muted.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I do do that a lot. It's when I am soloing 12-16 tracks i really wish I could select groups.  In any case, having "all on" and "all off" is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been looking for the same feature.  In Avid MC, you're able to hold down the Shift key while swiping across the tracks you'd like to toggle on/off.  VERY useful feature.  Hope Adobe would do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible: Shift+Click on mute track.
It mutes ALL tracks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines