• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Exported File Is WAY Too Big

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Very new to Premiere Pro CC. I'm trying to export a 55-minute video. I figured it was going to be big, but the final file size wound up being over 100 gigabytes. Clearly, that's not something I can give to a client. But I'm having trouble figuring out what export settings will be best to use.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 8.21.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-22 at 8.32.18 AM.png

I don't know what 90% of these codecs are. What can I do to get the file size down to around 20-25 gigabytes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Don't use QuickTime.  The H.264 option with the Match Settings - High bitrate preset will do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will the client be viewing it?

Is this the final export or just for client review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm new to premiere Pro and when I was trying to add some GoO-PRO clips to my. vidoe ben it kept piping up that the file was corrupted how can I add the GO-PRO clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Settings i always use for quick distribution are: Format H.264 (rather than quicktime), Progressive, 1920x1080, CBR bitrate at 25. then if you want to lower the compression even further you could lower the bitrate to 10-20. Or if you want better quality use VBR pass 2 and limit it to mini 20 max 25. (the example below isn't HD but thats only because its a YouTube clip downloaded for an example)

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use QuickTime.  The H.264 option with the Match Settings - High bitrate preset will do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problems.  My original file is 197 MB, and the program was a little over 2 hours long.  I cut out the first 52 minutes.  So the saved file is 1 hour, 16 minutes long.  I used H.264 and Match Source-Adaptive High Bitrate, as suggested by several sites,  Dialogue box at the bottom says estimated size is 354 MB, but finished file was instead over 1.5 GB.  I tried low bitrate option, and finished size only went down to 1.4 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem but worse, I have a 2min and 50 sec video which is when exported, the size of 52.7 GB

Format AVI

Output: 1920x1080 (1.0), 60 fps, progressive, quality 100, 00:02:50:37.......no audio

Source: SAME SAME..., 60.035FPS, SAME SAME........, 00;02;50;17... SAME

Video Codes: V210 10-bit YUV

What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use Adobe Media Encoder instead of Premiere, because, how to say it... Premiere is not very good at exporting videos, to say the least. So use Adobe Media Encoder or download a free software called Handbrake, that will transform your mammoth exported file to a super lightweight one without sacrificing visible quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a file of similar duration, it's 2 h 58 min long. In Premiere Pro CS6, the file size is 10 GB, while in Premiere Pro CC it's around 13GB (image below). You can try some of the settings you can see there. For example, the "Level" setting in the Video tab helped me reduce the size of the export file even more. I've manually reduced the frame rate from 60 to 30 fps, set the resolution to 1920x1080 pixels, and then played with the "Level" option to reduce the file size. You can start from 3.0 and then gradually increase it step by step to get a good balance of the quality and file size. I think that Level 4.1 worked for me quite nicely.

drleco_0-1624439399571.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end result came to be a bit over 6 GB instead of 13 GB. The video is my podcast where I use three cameras and switch between angles of my guest, myself and us together. There are some 45 seconds of animation as you can see in the screenshot above and that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines