• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My gaussian blur won't work at all

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to posting and I've looked around to see if I could solve the problem but I can't figure anything out. I'm in the latest version of premiere and I'm trying to add a gaussian blur to my project but nothing shows up until blurriness level 1765. Any help would be very much appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

I got it 🙂

That little blue button on the right-side of the Program monitor. Click that and make it not blue! That's the "Global Effects button". You can turn off all effects usually for performance reasons. I got caught with that once myself...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a new project, drop in the video clip, drop the clip from the project to the empty timeline. Add the blur and check it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did that and now only the small preview where you can select clips are being blurred. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when you dropped the clip into the timeline, does the clip show in the "Program" monitor? Send a screen shot of your PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1107.JPGIMG_1108.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it 🙂

That little blue button on the right-side of the Program monitor. Click that and make it not blue! That's the "Global Effects button". You can turn off all effects usually for performance reasons. I got caught with that once myself...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that's the sequence you are seeing in the project window (and not the clip). Thus why you are seeing the effect - even though the global effects are off.... interesting and a red-herring!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is this button in the 2022 version? I'm not seeing a little blue button. screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, so helpful! Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to render the timeline by pressing enter if there is a red line above the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fx button below the video replay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines