Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Premiere Pro CC suddenly stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really upset.

I just tried customer service and they told me something that didn't make sense.

My situation is that my Premiere Pro is only letting me put one clip onto my timeline, then will not let me put another clip behind it on the timeline. It only wants to put audio, not the video.

I contacted the customer service guy and he/she went onto my computer and said it was because I didn't have enough ram. They said I needed 8 ram instead of 4 ram which my computer has. I said that didn't make sense since I have using this computer for months with premiere pro using on 4 ram and it never gave me any problem.

They said it was apart of the minimum requirement for the program. I asked when did that change? They took forever before finally responding to that question, and they said it has been a requirement since 2015. I just got premiere pro and all the other apps in 2017 of September and all of my other videos never had a problem on my computer before.

I want to know is why now it is causing problems? If this is true? And is there a way to fix it? This should not be a problem.

Either it gets fixed, or I have to cancel membership and find someone else.

Because I am not buying a whole new computer for a video editing software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but you may have to hit the minimum specs to be sure it is nothing with your computer. Otherweise the error to me does not make any sense either. But you can easily add 4 ram to your PC, it doesn't require to buy a new one.

In such cases it is also helpful to follow Jim Simons unoficial troubleshootng guide in the first place. step 2 will be helpfulUnofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 gigs of RAM is a ridiculously low number for an editing PC. It worked in the past because working in SD wasn't terribly hard on your RAM. You either need to meet the minimum requirements for the latest version of Premiere or revert back to a previous version (CS6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi miam40631131,

My situation is that my Premiere Pro is only letting me put one clip onto my timeline, then will not let me put another clip behind it on the timeline. It only wants to put audio, not the video.

Please make sure that source audio & video is patched in the Timeline. Check this link: FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?  Let me know if that helps.

Regarding your system specs, you are working on an underpowered machine and you may experience performance related issues (playback issues, slow render or even crash in the worst case).

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patching source sequences in Premiere Pro

4GB of RAM is...problematic.  I'm using 12GB and often wish I had more.

You could probably just buy more RAM and install it.  Don't get less than 16GB.  Go with 32GB if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines