• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video is pixelated and blurry after exporting no matter what format I use?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloooo!

I'm very new to Premiere Pro and I've made a little video, however every time I go to export it, it's blurry. It doesn't matter what format or preset I use, every time it looks pixelated and blurry. Can anyone assist me with this? This sucks!

Ive attached a screenshot of what the picture quality is looking like.

Feyre23328221j6gn_0-1645777324086.png

Feyre23328221j6gn_1-1645777353770.png

Any help would be so much appreciated!!  🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Right click on one of your video files in the project panel and select 'new sequence from clip' this will make the sequence match your footage. Try exporting that and see if it is any better. If it's not better please post a screenshot of your new export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Premiere Pro forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and source properties and sequence settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have 32GB RAM, 3080 graphics card, i7-10700K, I'm on windows 10 version 20H2. Premiere Pro version is v22.2.

I hope this helps.

Feyre23328221j6gn_0-1645798123006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and your source properties and sequence settings....  If you need help figuring this out, select a representative clip in the timeline and control click and choose "properties" and make the timeline active and go to the sequence menu and choose "sequence settings."  Pixel dimensions and frame rate are probably the crucial issue and they should match your export settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a tiny sized sequence, less than standard definition tv, being  exported to UHD 4k size file, as has been said above you have a mismatch somewhere between your sequence size and your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your source properties do not match your export format, your gonna have a serious quality loss in your exported file.  This is very basic stuff and you might want to find some intro tutorials to premiere to get a better understanding of the workflow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on one of your video files in the project panel and select 'new sequence from clip' this will make the sequence match your footage. Try exporting that and see if it is any better. If it's not better please post a screenshot of your new export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that worked, the quality looks perfect now... Thank you so much! Does this mean I have to now remake the whole video again doing this to every clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if all your sources are the same format, this should work.  do as Richard Knight suggests to create a new sequence that matches your source properties.   Go to the sequence with the problem, select all and copy.  Then go to the new sequence and paste immediately following the clip you edited in.  Select that clip and "copy". select the rest of the timeline and "paste attributes." You can then delete that first clip... If you need to adjust some of the clips because they don't match the sequence settings, thing will get more complicated...  Post back and I'm sure someone else can walk you thru the process... Might even be me.   Hope that makes sense.  It's been a long day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worked, I can't thank you guys enough for your help. I appreciate it more than you know! I'm still very new at this, as you can see haha. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... to avoid re-editing:

As long as you've created a new sequence with the right settings you can copy all the contents/clips from your original edit and paste them into the new sequence. If you find some of the clips have retained their size from the original sequence (for example - shots that don't fill the frame) you will have to manually resize them to fit the sequence size 

If this happens to some clips - right click any incorrectly scaled clip in your new sequence and select 'set to frame size' in the drop down menu.

If you had already scaled some clips and cropped off some edges (for example - zooming in on a shot) you may need to manually adjust an individual clips 'scale' in 'effects controls' to get it looking the same in the new sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem and can't solve it

i did like what you said but still the same thing after i finished from exporting the video get peixeled i render from media encloder and have adobe preimer pro cc 2020 

so you want screenshot for sequence or the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the same problem and can't solve it

i did like what you said but still the same thing after i finished from exporting the video get peixeled i render from media encloder and have adobe preimer pro cc 2020 

so you want screenshot for sequence or the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines