Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need premiere 2017

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used to work with premiere 2017. Wanted to try 2022 and uninstall it. Unfortunaltly have warning message my graphic cards needs to be update. I try to reinstall 2017 as it was possible before but Adobe does not offer it anymore.

After conctacting help a guy from Adobe try to help me to install 2017 via a remote session. Since he had not succeed he installed 2023 and updated my graphical card drivers.

I opened a project made under 2017 but noticed align problem with titles ...

So could you send me a link to install 2017 ?

Regret it can't be possible anymore from adobe creative.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Also... IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-you should ALWAYS keep a copy (or two!) on an external device
-since Adobe DOES SOMETIMES REMOVE OLD VERSIONS FROM THE SERVER
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have ever tryed it.

Link forward to another adobe page and it seems Adobe decided to block download of Premiere 2017 version. See the link : https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just made attemps with other softwares by example illustrator where you can download the zip.
But no way from this page : https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html to get premiere 2017. Really hope it's an error from me and you will give me the right link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to turn everything off: addblocker, firewall, virusscanner etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that was a security software problem why illustrator could be downloaded while Premiere not.
Looking here, seriously thinking Adobe cut access to Premiere 2017. Now I hope,  bad text  alignement is the only problem I will have. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

Really unhappy with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-you should ALWAYS keep a copy (or two!) on an external device
-since Adobe DOES SOMETIMES REMOVE OLD VERSIONS FROM THE SERVER
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John,
For sure I'm keeping your advice in mind since Adobe has made unfriendly choice for its users.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finaly got the 2018 version, similar to the 2017 and which preserve title alignment that is not the case with the 2023 version.

Thanks John for your advice. 2018 installer is saved on my HDD.

Message for Adobe : Very unpleased by the decision to remove access to old software versions, mostly when it looks old files are not fully compatible with the new one. Understand when a user has a soft, he pays for it, which makes the job and running correctly on its environment, he wants to keeps it (I regret to have uninstall 2017 for a new version try). Hope you won't answer back saying new soft versions offer more stability and performence (bla bla bli ... complete with a copy/past marketing answer) because they also sometimes comes with new bugs and problems. So would be great you consider to give opportunity to your customer to find the version they need. Thanks for reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone been able to find a way to get the 2017 Mac version of Premiere Pro?  I am trying to finish a 6 year old project that has faced plenty of different hardships, including the Dolby licensing agreement that Adobe has made sure to sweep under the rug.  I am even at the point of considering asking to have the project converted from 2017 Premiere Pro so I can finish it on Resolve and not look back.  While I still have the original hard drive, it has been taken out of the old iMac and used as an external drive, but because the location of the files have moved, I have been told by support simply putting the drive back into the old machine won't fix my problem.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!  Trying to finish this passion project for a client who has been involved with this cause for over 30 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines