Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested Sequences Not Working in CC 2017.1.2

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy folks,

I've been running CC 2017.1.2 for many months now. Yes I realize CC 2018 is now available, but I'm not ready to update yet.

I often use nested sequences or pre-comps to warp stabilize native 4K footage for a 1080 output sequence etc. This workflow has proven reliable and become  standard.

In my most recent new project, I used the same workflow, but when I opened the warp, pre-comp sequence in the source monitor, and use an "overwrite" edit to insert the pre-comp sequence into the output sequence, the clip inside the pre-comp sequence is edited in and not the pre-comp sequence itself. This voids the whole purpose of the pre-comp for warp stabilization.

Regardless of how I open the pre-comp sequence in the source monitor, short-cut or right-clicking etc., I get the same result. I can't seem to get the nested sequence into my output sequence. It simply edits in the raw media. I've tried all means of inserting the pre-comp sequence into the output sequence as well. From using hte source monitor edit commands and/or shortcuts and dragging/dropping from the project panel and/or the source monitor.

This issue has now occurred in a second project file. I was really hoping it was a single project corruption etc.

Anyone else experiencing this nesting issue?

System_Specs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueller? Bueller? I guess no one else is suffering this terrible workflow fate.

I'll try trashing my preferences and a reinstall if needed. Then will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi libsimpso,

Are you still experiencing this issue or have you solved it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anything been done to fix this issue, or do I have to fill out another bug report for a feature that worked in previous versions but now doesn't? It's clearly not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution to the problem I was having.

Its the first little button on the left below the timecode.

"Insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips"

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 10.54.31 PM.png

I had never noticed that button before and it is not mentioned in the old Adobe video tutorial for nests.

Once I selected it as seen in the screen shot above all is working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so so much! I was just at the end of a project and had a number of nested sequences already and just couldn't figure out what happened. Guess I turned it off by accident and didn't even notice. Your comment was a great help! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I drag a sequence to the new item icon and a new sequence is correctly create with my first sequence nested in it as one video and one audio track.  Then when I try to add the next sequence, it comes in as individual clips and multiple tracks.   This is not how it is shown to work  here Nesting sequences in Premiere Pro .

As above Ive tried every method of placing the second sequence with the same results.

Im using 12.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines