• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New project dialogue

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else dislike Premiere's new project dialogue?

I find it such a hassle. We are all short on time and when it comes to work, I want to be as efficient as possible with as few mouse clicks as possible.

Premiere forces you to create a saved project file before you can get started so that is already pretty frustrating (why not just let me throw in some clips to a timeline and then save when I'm ready?)

Then what I find really arrogant and obnoxiouse of Adobe is the new-ish thumbnail display of some random stock videos of Thailand. I think it's a tutorial or something, but why is it there when i want to create a new project?

Lasly Premiere uses its own open dialogue for things like AE dynamic linking etc. We don't need this, just use the OS dialoge for this, its perfectly good, and in fact better. The one adobe uses can't see network paths so you have to map all network paths to a drive for them to be visible in their dialogue.

IMHO adobe should take a long hard look at any feature or UI change they make and objectivly think 'OK is this more intuitive and quicker to use' if not, don't do it/change it. We don't need slowing down on our workflows, well I certainly don't.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make these things more efficient, or know of a preference change I can make to get rid of some of this stuff, that would be great.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a saved project first is no different from the old way.

As for the sample media: make your own favorite location

AnnBens_0-1702657941225.png

If you dont want to use the new project window just give your project a name and path and hit OK.

Use the Project window or media browser to import your media.

On a side note: I dont use the new tab either..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't simply start without setting a location for a very obvious reason: Premiere's project files are simply written metadata about what you're doing inside the program. It HAS to be written somewhere. Period.

I don't have a clue what you expect Premiere to do the way you're asking ... start a file somewhere, then copy to somewhere else and delete or something at "save"?

As to "saving time" ... type a Name, set Location, click Create. I can do that tops at a bit under a minute. With some time spent searching the location. Same time as the old way, really.

And like Ann, I rarely import anything with the new import page. Although production expert Karl Soule just posted a bit on the Facebook pro editors page about using the Import page with existing projects to add media, with settings to copy from card to the spot you set on disc, and import ... now that is interesting to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great stuff, thank you both. I'll have a look at your suggestions. Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines