• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no capable video play modules?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen through search that this issue has come up before, but today I did the update (13.0.2) to Premier Pro and that dialog came up. After the search on this forum and Google, and after trying everything suggested, I finally just reverted to the last install and all was well. I will wait until I see another update before trying again and Auto Update is off for this app.

No changes to my system (Windows 10 64 bit, Asus MB, i7-7700K CPU, 16 ram, AMD Radeon RX 460). Glad there was another system handy that had not been updated. Curious about others experiencing this issue again. Many of the suggested cures refer to past Windows and AMD drivers and processes, so hard to know if current choices are valid options or if new things must be tried. I did uninstall and reinstall to Premier Pro also to no avail. Only reversion seems to work. No bug fixes for this system, only bugs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lloydq,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try the steps mentioned in this article and let us know if it helps.

Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules" | Startup

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all those things and nothing worked. Also the Visual C++ redistributable is older than what is on my Windows 10 Pro computer so it cannot be installed.

JTQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Update is off for this app.

There is no such ability for Premiere Pro.  Updating is always manually initiated.

The CC Desktop app can be kept automatically up to date, but that's how you get notified of Updates for your installed programs, so you should keep that one updated.  Doing so won't actually update the installed software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having trouble lloydq? I would recommend a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers: FAQ: Why is my GPU not available for Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration?

If that doesn't work, contact us: Contact Customer Care

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lloydq,

Try rolling back to 13.0.1.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines