Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No headphone sound in premiere CS6

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am having troubles getting sound through my headphones.

I am on a mac (snow leopard) and CS6.

I can hear sounds i.e. iTunes through my headphones. But i can't get it fixed through the audio hardware setup.

I also tested map output for different settings i.e. system default etc.

I can hear the audio through my speakers the whole time...

any takers how i can solve this? thnx!

Schermafbeelding 2012-08-23 om 12.13.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

So I was having the exact same problem today, as I tried to listen to the audio through my Beats Studio V2 Wireless. Once I mapped the output to my Beats, everything else was fine. Best of luck, bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same set up and identical problem. . . which I cannot resolve either and I haven't found any answer to it as yet.

My earphones play without a problem (or fiddling about) in Final Cut, but not in Premiere. Very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always found this confusing too. It's usally a matter of getting that 'Map Output for:" choice to match the way you have it set at the OS level.

For example, I got the sound to start coming throught the headphones by going to mac's System Prefs > Sound and setting 'Headphone Port' as the default output, and then going the PrPro > Prefs > Audio Output Mapping and  setting the built-in output option.

I see that's what you have chosen too, so if it's still not working, I'd suggest jsut trying the different options and playing back until it starts comign through the headphones. As a sid-not, once I got it to work on one setting, it started working on others, like 'System Default Input/Output'... there may just be abug there, which I'll look into. In any case I agree that ti shoudl not be so confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try going back to the OS prefs and setting the headphones to default again AFTER you set the option up in rPro. I find that once I have it working that that 'default system sound' option is set, it will just track to whatever the OS is using for output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers!

Ian Rossenrode

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding and updating me.... I will indeed try all possible options...

Cheers

Ian

Ian Rossenrode

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue with CS5 and Windows7. But your post below, jstrawn, has led me to the solution: "after you set the option up in PPro"!!

Didn't know I had to set up that option. But...in Windows it's Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware, and then clicking on the ASIO Settings button, and then the Output tab. Once there, I could enable headphones as a choice.

This is WAY too user-unfriendly an approach for a basic function. I didn't know (and still don't) what ASIO Settings are. I do know this is the kind of thing that maintains my love-hate feelings about Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is the real correct answer (with detail).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was having the exact same problem today, as I tried to listen to the audio through my Beats Studio V2 Wireless. Once I mapped the output to my Beats, everything else was fine. Best of luck, bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I'm having the same problem, I'm using a Mac computer and there is no sound on my earphone when the sound is suppose to be coming from Premiere. Everything else has the sound coming out fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe 12.0.0 (Build 224)

Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Output > from the drop down list choose you bluetooth device > Okay

Get back to editing in privacy in noisy fukking places. Dont touch any other settings.

Daddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines