Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No recognized audio in .M2TS files

May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple of different threads about this issue that have said the same thing but all have referenced AVCHD from various Sony Cameras. In my case my footage is from  HDPVR. Why the capture device would matter doesn't make any sense to me but regardless Premiere Pro CS6 doesn't just not import the audio... it doesn't recognize it at all. There is no mention of audio at all when looking at the properties.

My footage is recorded with AC3 (2 channel source)

As everyone else has said... there was no issue with 5.5 which is what I'm still using to edit since this is obviously broken in CS6.

I've yet to see a concrete solution anywhere. I was hopeful that a bug fix would be included in the update today but no such luck.

So what's the solution Adobe? Is there a bugfix coming? In the mean time I should just leave CS6 installed in hopes of an update to fix the issue?

Slightly Annoyed with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just following up with what we know so far about this:

It appears that these various failures with AC3 audio and MPEG-based video formats are related to a common cause: These codecs are unlocked for use by the activation system, which can fail for a few different reasons. The best way to restore the use of these codecs---which works in many but not all cases---is to manually deactivate your CS6 software (Help > Deactivate), then quit and restart your CS6 software, and then restart and re-activate, then create a new project and a new sequence.

If this doesn't get your activation back into the right state, we can try some other things. The experts on the activation system hang out on this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

... so you may get better help regarding activation issues there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add as a note,

Sont Vegas (understandably) works fine in the same enviroment and loads (the audio of) mts files (that dont work in CS6) quite ok. Adding extra software like this doesn't appear to fix or even help with CS6, so i am expecting their codec paths and logic work independantly of windows in general, do their own thing and thus the problem is within the app and configuration itself and less a related codec/app/patch/windows concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to dig up what seems to be an old question, but I've recently made the move to PPro after upgrading my PC in order to run it.  However, I'm having the same issue with my .m2ts files and audio.

My rig: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

120gb Intel SSD/1tb Samsung HDD

8gb RAM/ GPU GForce GTX560

My camara: Hitachi DZ-HD90

1920x1080 29fps

Audio bit rate 256kbps 2channel stereo 48kHz

The camera records in .m2ts files and the Hitachi software bundle can convert those files to h.264 (which are still .m2ts files, I think) or MP4 files which are heavily compressed and not usable.

I've tried all the suggestions above, but there's one thing I'm not really sure about, and that's the file tree structure that I'm supposed to save my footage in.  I saw a screen shot of an example somewhere, but I'm not completely sure I've done it correctly.

It would be nice if I could just import the files directly off my camera though.  The problem is, PPro only imports the video and not the audio track.  I've copied the complete file structure from the camera itself to my PC's HDD and still, no audio.

Here's a screen shot.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh103/2CamSamPhotoBucket/FileTree_zps0254c065.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CS6 have a noTorioous problem n support to MPEG2 . The solution is the abandon of Cs6 and retirn to CS5.5. Even withb adition of  Rovi Totalcode, the Mpeg2 was not fully implemwnted.

So not waiste your time with CS6 trying to work qiyh MPEG variatons.

Adobe removed this featire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

So Adobe removed m2ts compatibility for cs2?  Well isn't that just great.

I'm currently using the trial version, guess I'll go look for a 5.5 trail somewhere. Hopefully it's not that different from 6, as I was just getting used to editing GoPro footage with it.

That's a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leo's information is far from accurate.  Plenty of folks are using MPEG based footage inside of PP without issue. (In todays world of media, I'd even venture to say the vast majority are using some kind of MPEG footage.)

Now it would be fair to say that there are a number of people having issues with GoPro footage, which often doesn't conform to any established standard.  You might try a forum search for GoPro and take a look at what others are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M2V. M4V. M2T, M2TS  and other Ms, exept MXF(Material Transfer File), this M formats, is variations of MPEG2 format , implemented by dedicated hardware, inside the cameras, and the video is encoded on the fly. The same occurs using AVC. But MPG is better.

Here we bougth CS6, bougth Rovi Totalcode,and other plugins, ( we spent about Us$3000) because CS6 do not have full support natively for MPEG2. we got very serious problems because of it.

After some months of sadness and frustrations, we return do CS5.5. Fortunately the plug-ins worked in 5.5.

Now we producing fast and well. No more CS6 here. In fact , in PP CS6 WITH ROVI TOTALCODE INSTALLED, MPEG2 works, but still have problems in dinamic link, in AA6 that do not import MPEG video directely, Encore have many issues... no no... Its terrible . ! We have so many problems here . No more CS6 for us.

In the future, maybe a CS7 version , returns with MPEG fully implemmented like CS5.5.

I know what iĀ“m talking about.

I can not speak of many other people as you speak, because I do not know many other people who are happy and producing well with CS6, I can only speak for myself and my team. CS6 and MPEG format are to separated entities.

We work with post production, we have here 6 top notch machines ( four dual 16core opterons,128GB ddr3 ram, tesla and quadro running Windows8 pro and  Two  quad 16core Operons- 64cores, 256Gb ddr3, for 4K editting,running Windows server enterprise, converted to workstations becouse of 4P motherboards) and CS6 did not work well in none of machines. CS5.5 returns and  is doing a great job.

So is not hardware issue. MPEG do not work well in CS6 , and CS6 is unstable in any configuration . We here use to say tha CS6 is still a Beta software with unsolved problems, that wont be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because CS6 do not have full support natively for MPEG2

Actually CS6 does fully support standardized MPEG2 formats like XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, HDV and Canon'x MXF files. I've even thrown quite a few Internet downloads into it without issue, including some with 5.1 audio.

This doesn't mean that every MPEG2 file will work, but the standardized camera formats should work just fine, no plug-ins required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my m2ts files shot from my Hitachi are not a standardized format?

Oops, posted at the same time. I'm on my phone so I'll upload a clip later after work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, but as I mentioned above, I've had no problems editing my GoPro footage.

My only concern is the .m2ts shot with my Hitachi camcorder. Even since my screen shot above, I've since tried moving all my media to my :c systems drive, but that hasn't worked either. Still, no audio tracks are appearing after importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.m2ts shot with my Hitachi camcorder.

I couldn't find any standards associated with that camera, so it's possible it's shooting non-standard video.  That could be an issue.  If you want to upload a clip, I can check it's behavior here.

https://www.depositfiles.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M2TS is a filename extension used for the Blu-ray Disc Audio-Video (BDAV) MPEG-2 Transport Stream (M2TS) container file format. It is used for multiplexing audio, video and other streams. It is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream container.This container format is commonly used for high definition video on Blu-ray Disc and AVCHD.

So M2TS is a stantard MPEG2 video file, better epeaking , the most recently MPEG2 implelentations . The full article discribing this specifications is here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.m2ts

In fact CS6 really needs of a MPEG codec suite, to be installed, to loan full MPEG support, furnished by Rovi.

We know seriously about this, because we passed trougth this storm last year. We spent a lot of money, the problem was resolved , returning to CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact CS6 really needs of a MPEG codec suite, to be installed, to loan full MPEG support, furnished by Rovi.

It really doesn't when you're working with standardized camera media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK OK OK ! Everyone is rigth . Here weĀ“re wrong. Hitachi corporation is wrong, makiing the hayabusaĀ“s camera that produces a MPEG2 file that CS6 "hate" ! The 40K dollars Sony camera we have , make a .MPEG file that CS6 "hate" , and yet these two companies decided to use non-standard file on purpose, so that users had problems many problems, to cause, delays, losses, hassles and all sorts of trouble with clients, losses contracts . miss schedules and so on.  A jerky and flaw Encore to do not generate the DVDs, many PGC problems, and so on. OK.

OK. ADOBE is that it must be right, and the whole world wrong. Thank you. I know well what we here suffer with this CS6, and user Hayabusa knows what he is passing trough his CS6 do not recognises audio. The CS6 he have installed in his machine maybe other tha "hates" his audio files.Tje software "hates" us is the only explanations.

We do not try to use CS6 anymore. We knew what we being trough. many monts of sadness, frustrations, many many many redo jobs...

Maybe in the future a new version CS7 will solve problems and return with MPEG2 fully supported, as occurs today in CS5.5.

An editor who works here, once said, that seems to be "The curse of the even number"! Explaining : The CS3 version was very good. The CS4 came full of problems and unstable, as occurs today with CS6. The CS5.5 came and solved the problems of CS4.

Thus, the CS7 will come OK, no problems and everything is working to solve the problems of CS6 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yet these two companies decided to use non-standard file on purpose

It happens.  But if you want to list the model numbers I can probably tell you if the media should work or not.

ADOBE is that it must be right, and the whole world wrong.

Well, not the whole world.  Just you, or rather, your system.  (Or you really are using non-standard media that PP just doesn't play nice with.  But that's unlikely since you claim it works in 5.5.)  For most folks, CS6 works just peachy with standardized MPEG media, no plug-ins necessary.  Now the upside to that fact is that it may be possible for us to help you correct whatever is wrong with your system.

Maybe in the future a new version CS7 will solve problems and return with MPEG2 fully supported

It doesn't need to 'return' because it never left.  CS6 supports at least everything CS5.5 did, possibly even more.  There is a problem with certain spanned media clips that is new to CS6, but I suspect this is not what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No . Do not worry about me .

To tell the truth, I do not know why I decided to write my opinion here about these MPEG2 CS6 Suite problems.

We are happy and producing well, very well indeed in CS5.5. Depending the demandings, we add new plugins. Last friday we installed Doremi CineAsset on the two 64 cores workstations. Starts to work imediately. CS5.5 is rock solid.

You know that part of the media archives where we keep those finalized services, already delivered and paid by the clients ?

Here in Brazil we call "dead archive" . We trimmed the project, cut and paste in a Data DLT Tape and store there. Probably we never touch in that tapes again. Yeah, it's the place where we stored the CS6 medias.

We only remember the existence of CS6 because of Audition, very enriched with iZotope, SSL and Steiberg plugins. Works Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any standards associated with that camera, so it's possible it's shooting non-standard video.  That could be an issue.  If you want to upload a clip, I can check it's behavior here.

https://www.depositfiles.com/en/

Thanks for offering to take a look at one of my clips.  It's about a 40 second clip.  (The smallest I could find)  It's shaky, but all I want to know is whether you could get the audio to work under CS6.

http://depositfiles.com/files/7m3o45s0h

I'm really curious actually because I managed to find a copy of CS 5.5 and viola, I could import the very same .m2ts files and the audio works fine.  I didn't even have to worry about where the files were located in my file tree.  In fact, my files are stored on my :d drive while CS 5.5 is installed on my :c drive.

I'm guessing that either all of us who are having issues are doing something wrong, or there really is a bug.  I can't see how it would be a compatability issue since the same files work under an older version of the same software.  If the former is true, then it's still a dissapointment on Adobe's end becuase that means they've released a version PPro that makes it more difficult to work with .m2ts media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I told...

After months of sadness, strugling with Cs6, I

really know his limitations,flaws.

After 5.5 start to run, your file works. Strange isn'it?

Best regards, Leossom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 5.5 start to run, your file works. Strange isn'it?

Best regards, Leossom

Yes, I find it very strange indeed.

If Mr. Simon tests out the file that I uploaded and finds that the audio works on his machine, then we could eliminate the "bug" theory I guess.  Then that would narrow the problem down to a user based mistake. 

Still, why CS5.5 would work perfectly on the same exact rig, under the same exact settings, is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple ! Like i said, CS6 did not have MPEG2 totally implermented. 5.5 does .

Is not beyond nobody. Its beyond CS6 capabilities.

if I were you, i will decide to stop wasting my time with CS6.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same sort of problem and it is driving me round the bend.

I have some recordings from a tv set top box. They are .ts files.

They open fine in Audition cs6, and PP cs6. I can also bring them into media encoder cs6 and convert them, all without problems.

If I use the same Creative Cloud versions, video is fine but not audio.  They are acutally radio recordings so I use Audition. Audition CS6 will import them without a problem.

If I use Audition CC it will import them, but without audio. It says they are 33 mins long and all the file details are correct, but no audio. This is on a PC running Windows 7 SP1.

As I am using cloud I also have a second machine running Windows 8. This works fine with Audition CS6 and  Audition CC, both import a treat.

Now it looks to me as if this problem has been going on for quite a while, surely someone at Adobe should be looking into this.  I don't want guesses and excuses of it is not correctly activated, yes it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines